Newbie- Fallen in Love with the Helix

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Re: Newbie- Fallen in Love with the Helix

Post by Jimo »

Andrew, this is the Lock set you’ll need, I’ve fitted same to mine! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Helix- ... 21d574f484 Read the whole lot - there’s an offer on......

You’ve made my day, well done....

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

Post by Pandrop »

Thanks for that info there Jim, ive saved it in my watched items.
As soon as it gets up here ill ascertain which parts ill need, although I can see that I need a mirror for starters, a lock set which you have kindly found and whatever else. Im hoping it wont need too much doing so that I get a chance to use it before the winter comes . Fingers crossed its a hidden gem that just needs some TLC and not a hideous money pit .
Thanks for all your support

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

Jaz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:02 pm How about this crusty old warrior; it's scruffy but but looks honest and un-messed with. All its issues are easily fixable and offers around £550 is a decent price IMO:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Helix- ... 4422181920
Thanks for flagging this one up to me Jaz, I have won the Helix and have to start organising transport and parts. Jim has already found the correct lock set online for me which is fab and i'll keep you updated on things as they progress.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Jimo wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:26 am That’s some kit Jaz, - is that a rectifier as well?

Jim
Oh yes!

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Pandrop wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:34 pm
Jaz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:02 pm How about this crusty old warrior; it's scruffy but but looks honest and un-messed with. All its issues are easily fixable and offers around £550 is a decent price IMO:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Helix- ... 4422181920
Thanks for flagging this one up to me Jaz, I have won the Helix and have to start organising transport and parts. Jim has already found the correct lock set online for me which is fab and i'll keep you updated on things as they progress.
Well bought! The first, and still the greatest 8-)

I'll have a rummage in my spares pile and see if I have a N/S mirror kicking around.

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

I’ll be measuring up my Helix today and preparing to start making buttons, very few pre owned Helix come with a complete set! It’ll give me something to do when the bike is away for repair.
Almost certain you’ll need a couple.....

Jim

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

Jimo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:10 am I’ll be measuring up my Helix today and preparing to start making buttons, very few pre owned Helix come with a complete set! It’ll give me something to do when the bike is away for repair.
Almost certain you’ll need a couple.....

Jim
:D Jim thats very kind of you, Ill send a photo of my dashboard once she's up this end of the world.

Are you having the Crank shaft sorted at the garage?

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Hi Andrew, yes I’d like to see the dashboard, it will be unusual if all buttons are present but here’s hoping, anyhow I’ve made a few today and fitted them to mine - they work ok.

Several factors cause me to outsource my crankshaft rebuild, most importantly my age - incorporating my lack of energy and drive for the job, my already cluttered garage with more bikes than a man needs, and my medical condition which has buggered me up for last six years!
It’s doubtful if I’ll ride my Sunbeam again because of its sheer weight, but I still want to ride....

Jim

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

Jimo wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:39 pm Hi Andrew, yes I’d like to see the dashboard, it will be unusual if all buttons are present but here’s hoping, anyhow I’ve made a few today and fitted them to mine - they work ok.

Several factors cause me to outsource my crankshaft rebuild, most importantly my age - incorporating my lack of energy and drive for the job, my already cluttered garage with more bikes than a man needs, and my medical condition which has buggered me up for last six years!
It’s doubtful if I’ll ride my Sunbeam again because of its sheer weight, but I still want to ride....

Jim
Oh now thats a bike lift ! very professional looking . Ok no worries ill send a few pics once she's landed.
Cheers

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

So you’re not convinced what to think about the Helix ? Check this out - they’re not kidding, it’s the best ride Ever! https://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda ... Helix.html

Jim