Benelli Velvet 250 owner says Hi

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Flopper
Current Ride: Benelli Velvet 250

Re: Benelli Velvet 250 owner says Hi

Post by Flopper »

Hi there. Thanks for the pic. Imteresting modification. Might have a think about doing that myself.

Flopper
Current Ride: Benelli Velvet 250

Post by Flopper »

StephenC wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:41 am Regarding the headlights - my J300 had 2x35W and they were better than the current Xmax offering. I wonder if uprated bulbs may help? This gets good reviews although you'd need to check fitment.
Hi there. Thanks for the link. I did try a pair of ba20d (I think) bulbs but the beam was all over the place so I had to revert to the original bulbs. I have fitted these auxiliary lights which seem to work.

Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

Post by Pandrop »

roadster wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:10 am I bought one of these from a Newbury dealer, supposedly new, around 2002. Here is a picture after about a year of all season commuting.

The rusty penny washers are part of my addition "wings" to stop rain channelling onto my legs. This was an extremely pretty machine but under the surface was plenty of evidence that it wasn't truly new but more of a cobbled together assembly of left over parts that didn't fit together very well. I tried a few modifications such as a Malossi variator, which wasn't much good. But the truth is that after about two years I wasn't all that sorry that it was written off by a young driver who was on her mobile phone and drove in to the back of me while I was stationary. Hopefully you have a machine which was properly assembled in Italy so there is no point my recounting all the issues I suffered due to dodgy importers and dealer.
I believe that Benelli have all their scooters built in china and many have the widely used GY6 engine so if this engine is in your scoot you might find it in other more common chinese scooters here in the UK and get hold of a manual for one of those to help with routine maintenence etc.

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

The Velvet uses the Yamaha Majesty engine . ;)

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

welcome
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

Post by Pandrop »

wightegi wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:37 pm The Velvet uses the Yamaha Majesty engine . ;)
Indeed you are correct, the 250 uses the Majesty engine and I believe the smaller capacity Velvet uses the GY6 ...however I may be wrong ...again :lol:

Velvet2020
Current Ride: 2002 banelli velvet 250

Post by Velvet2020 »

Hi I’m new just joined so I’ll say hello..

I’ve got one of these bikes benelli velvet 250cc running still with mot on it and only 9k miles.

I wouldn’t say perfect condition but for its age 2002 great condition and low mileage.

johnrichards07
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by johnrichards07 »

Hi from another new member