New and looking for a big scoot

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: New and looking for a big scoot

Post by Rocketman122 »

its a nice looking scooter that 400. even the 250/300/500 were nice for its time. when I looked for a b400 replacement, I too looked at the kymco 400 but because of lack of storage I looked elswhere. it has a very nice shape to it though.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Doubt whether you’ll find a better deal than roadsters ak550 - easy enough to travel down and ride the bike back - the integra with 1000 miles is another good option - to be honest there are many suitable bikes out there it’s just a matter of you putting your hand in your pocket and making a concrete decision

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

Symcity wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:34 pm Doubt whether you’ll find a better deal than roadsters ak550 - easy enough to travel down and ride the bike back - the integra with 1000 miles is another good option - to be honest there are many suitable bikes out there it’s just a matter of you putting your hand in your pocket and making a concrete decision
Yes it sounds like a good deal. Its just a hell of a long way to go and obviously no dealer back up but I have not ruled it out. Would have to wait until the Spring and hopefully the end of lock down!

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

Just keeping this thread going. Here is a bit of a curve ball. My friend has one of these down in Devon and he says it goes well. I quite like the look of it but initially discounted it as being underpowered but on paper I think its as powerful or maybe slightly more powerful than the Burgman 400 and I think probably lighter?

I emailed the bike shop and asked about a test ride once out of lockdown but they dont do them. Ive come across this before and its a bit of a stumbling block for me.

Piaggio Beverley 350 ST

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-detai ... 500&page=1

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

No thoughts on the Piaggio?

What about an early T Max then. Its way older than I was looking at but it looks in good nick and the MOT history seems pretty good.

Any thoughts on this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-XP500 ... SwpSlgNXEc

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

not a piaggio fan whatsoever. only bad experience with those I bought.
tmax 2001. looks like a nice condition scooter. I dont know if I would buy a first gen scoot where bugs were fixed over the years. I just dont know if I would or wouldnt buy. I would have to do research before to see what im up against

I think the price is high for the year. masybe im wrong