Servicing

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Auld git
Current Ride: Royal Alloy Gt300s

Servicing

Post by Auld git »

Nanoo Nanoo Earthlings,I've a Royal Alloy gts300, got it remapped and a pm99 pipe from pm tuning ,goes like stink,I was wondering if anyone has one and are you servicing the scoot yourself,I know it's a bit of a hassle but I'd like to do it myself,talking mainly about engine oil change,and gearbox, doesn't say in owners manual,. Thanx

Auld git
Current Ride: Royal Alloy Gt300s

Re: Servicing for Royal Alloy gts300

Post by Auld git »

Nanoo nanoo Earthlings,anyone have a Royal Alloy GTS 300,I'm looking to change engine oil,and gearbox oil,I contacted my dealer and he said is a bit of a hassle but can be done with little experience on auto scoots,

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: Servicing

Post by Rocketman122 »

peanuts. if you have the right tools (not many needed) a gentle hand (dont strip those threads) maybe a good torque wrench would help those who are overly aggressive with small bolts.

I dont know the company royal alloy. if it has an oil filter, youll need to change that. you also have to check if it takes hypoid gear oil or will be fine with engine oil. my maxsym 600 gear prefers hypoid and the one in the burgman 400 (which is currently out of order) will take the same oil thats in the engine.

be very careful and have a gentle hand with tightening the bolts. I would highly recommend you use a micro fiber and push it in the threads and twist to make sure you clean any possible threading debris.. also the bolts have crush washers. usually they will be fine but they are softish washers so if they are too damaged, replace those and the o-rings in the oil filter housing if your scooter has one. be with a gentle hand when tightening these bolts. these usually under 15nm of torque