HI My name is Steve sumo.

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
stevesumo333
Current Ride: Suzuki burgman 400

HI My name is Steve sumo.

Post by stevesumo333 »

I've been riding bikes for 40 years . This year I got my self a suzki burgman 400.
See old on a 02 plate but in very good order. Only 15000 on the clock.looks like it's been rapt in cotton wool. And very muched loved . She going to get a dig shock soon , I ride a bike and will use her everyday. If anyone has any tips on how to get the best out of her please let me no, as scooters are all new to me.

Deleted User 18472

Re: HI My name is Steve sumo.

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome

old pete
Current Ride: burgman 400 and firestorm

Post by old pete »

having just stopped riding a cbr600 and vtr1000, my biggest scare was slinging it into a bend and the front washed out a couple of times! get into the scoot mindset first as the engine is attached to the swingarm and there is very little weight upfront

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

welcome Steve, hope you enjoy the Burgman, keep an eye on the oil level on pre 2006 models, they can appear to be consuming it.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Hi and welcome. They’re a big, heavy old scoot but mainly ultra reliable and easy to service if you’re a farkler :D things to look for/add: keep an eye on the drive belt if it’s done 15k, if it’s the original it’ll need replacement (not too expensive and relatively easy diy, look for Dayco about £70-80). You may like to change the screen for a Givi airflow, adjustable and much better than original. A nice topbox always works I’ve a Givi Maxia on mine and what with under seat storage you can travel the world. The brakes can bind, worth checking and cleaning if so. Heated grips, I got some of the hot hands on my old burger, they’re the ones that wrap round the grips and can be removed in summer, cheap alternative and worth the price. Keep an eye on oil change, they’re frequent on these, every 3.5k and mustn’t be ignored, good oil equals good engine ;) Other than that not too much to worry about. Enjoy

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Hi welcome to maxi-muppets :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...