Hello everybody,

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
CharlieMac
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive

Hello everybody,

Post by CharlieMac »

I have just joined this forum, having just acquired a 2009 Burgman 650 Executive. As you are all probably well aware, it is invaluable to be a member of these forums, in order to tap into the the vast amount of knowledge about the marque which will have been acquired by members over the years.
I have recently sold an FJR, as it was getting to hard to push it around. Although it was probably just as heavy as the Burgman, it was a bit top heavy.
Having sold the FJR, I was now free to focus my attention on my TDM900. This is a lovely bike, which can do almost anything. Unfortunately, after taking it for a nice two hour ride last week, without getting off it, I found that when I got back home, I did have trouble getting off of it. Knees have gone and I think I've got problems developing with one of my hips. I believe it can be put down to something called 'old age'.
When I told the Mrs that I thought it might be time for a big scooter, she was most shocked and said that she didn't think I would like it after the bikes. How wrong she was. After testing out a few scooters that i was not totally enamoured with, I went for a test ride on the Burgman and was hooked. So smooth, with more than enough power to move along with the traffic at motorway speeds. Most of my gear will go under the seat and any extras go in the top box. Luckily this one came with full Givi luggage, so i'm all set for the long distance tours that I'm hoping to do.
Hopefully I am able to contribute to the forum as and when I learn something about the machine. Cheers

Deleted User 18472

Re: Hello everybody,

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello &Welcome

alp231
Benefactor
Current Ride: X max 300

Re: Hello everybody,

Post by alp231 »

Hi there enjoy the big burger good steed Enjoyed mine

CharlieMac
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive

New toy

Post by CharlieMac »

Have been playing with my new toy to see what it can do. Discovered that the Power button acts similarly to an exhaust brake on a lorry. When coming off at motorway junctions, or stopping at traffic lights, I operate the Power button and the engine braking slows the bike sufficiently to negate the need to use the brakes. I am now in a suitable mode to take off smartly. Once I'm clear of the traffic, I just knock the Power button off and go on my merry way. Also, when up to speed on the motorway, I switch to Manual mode and click the Up button until it goes to OD. The bike is then doing about 1000 revs less at maximum speed, compared to leaving it in automatic. I imagine this will have a positive effect on fuel consumption. Time will tell. I am quite amazed with the power of this thing. It has been described as 'Halfabusa', due to it being half the engine size of the Hayabusa. Does anyone know if this is an appropriate description? Honda's NC range does come from half of one of their car engine range, so it is quite conceivable that Suzuki could have done this with their engine range also.