Hi to everyone, any Forza owners out there?

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
ForzaDave
Current Ride: Honda Forza 125

Hi to everyone, any Forza owners out there?

Post by ForzaDave »

Hello to everyone on the forum here, been checking out a few bits and thought time to join up. In particular I've been looking for posts about the Honda Forza 125.

From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be a great deal of stuff out there on them other than the odd thing here or there or some short videos on YouTube. Any other Forza owners out there? Anyone else finding the same thing?
Do you work on it yourself or take to a garage?
Also has anyone experienced any sort of problems with them? Modified it?

Got my 2017 one for a good price but after a while of riding I knew I had some bad transmission problems going on but I was waiting on new parts to come before taking it apart and the variator nut came off when driving! As it turned out the variator and front pulled was totally wrecked, the rollers had been virtually destroyed, there were no pads left of the clutch and the bell housing badly scraped from the metal on metal.

Luckily I had already ordered the malossi variator, clutch and bell housing so also got the front pulley so got that all fitted in and was running great until the other day my radiator totally exploded on me.

Was riding along and noticed I was overheating and all my coolant came out as steam and I slowly got the bike back after cooling it down. The old radiator was totally busted, obviously leaking but so corroded you could easily just poke something in the fins and they crumble away.

Had the water pump off and inspected it and all seems good so put that back along with my new second hand radiator tomorrow!

So yeah long first post but hi to everyone and I'd be especially interested to hear any experience with the Honda Forza?

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Hi to everyone, any Forza owners out there?

Post by StephenC »

Welcome. There is a Forza forum, American I think, but the link is on my work computer, sorry.

But there's plenty on here with Forza', but mostly the 300 variety like mine.

Sounds like your one was pretty advised before you got it.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

ForzaDave
Current Ride: Honda Forza 125

Post by ForzaDave »

Hi, I'll continue to have a good look around too! Yeah I think there was definitely a major lack of maintenance going on there for sure.

Nice, I'd like a bigger one eventually or an ADV, very nice bikes. Can get almost 80 mph reading on the satnav on the 125, need to try some slightly heavier rollers for more consistent top speed.

As for the old ones, plastic had worn off and the metal come out the middle and cut in around where they slide up and down, never seen one that bad. Apparently the drive belt and rollers were meant to have been done in Jan by Maidstone Honda along with "major service and mot" but from what I see they can't have done much if anything. Looking at the state of the drive casing they didn't have take t off.

The variator bush was stuck on the crankshaft and I had to use a blowtorch and a gear puller to get it off. It looks like it had a burr on it and someone just hammered it in as it's made a little scratch and a burr on the crankshaft which I had to sand down a bit to get the new one on. Who did it I couldn't say but crazy anyway.

About to go and fit the new radiator so wish me luck!

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome 👍