new to Burgmans

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
steve campbell
Current Ride: 2016 400 Burgman BMW 1200rt

new to Burgmans

Post by steve campbell »

Hi Folks

Just bought a 400 Burgamn for 'er indoors to use outdoors....looking for top tips, info, guideance etc

I'm into bikes (BMWs) mostly as I work as a bike courier but twist n go is a whole new world to me

I'm a decent mech so I'm planning to do all my own spannering

the 400 only has 5.5k miles on it so not expecting to need to do too much too soon...what is your advice re preventative maintenance and things like Dr Pulley rollers etc

whao are good sources for decent quality parts....

thanks in advance and ride safe

Steve (in Dorset)

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: new to Burgmans

Post by Rocketman122 »

welcome buddy

tons of how to videos from mcbergsma on yt. did you download the service manual?

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Hi. Crescent are the Dorset main dealers, Yamaha in Bournemouth, and Suzuki up in Verwood, if they haven't swapped over again, though I think they carry consumables at both locations. Hayballs is over the border in Salisbury, but in the far west, it might be Exeter, Main big service is at 14,000 miles.
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

steve campbell
Current Ride: 2016 400 Burgman BMW 1200rt

Post by steve campbell »

Cheers for that

I'm in Sunny Parley Cross...actually at work in Sunny Boscombe sur Mer right now....the great thing is that there is an active forum here as I'm not up to speed yet on the Burgman...but so far I've not broken any clips and I'm starting to realise it's built more like a car than a bike so progess is being made and my Haynes manual for it just arrived 20 minutes ago

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome

Whynot
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by Whynot »

I had two of those , many miles and smiles. Easy to maintain, comfortable and good fuel efficient. I got about 50miles US gallon of juice. It easily held the speed on the freeway , lane splitting a great thing .