Old Guy downgraded to maxi Scooter

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
SJCA
Current Ride: Honda FES 250

Old Guy downgraded to maxi Scooter

Post by SJCA »

Hi Guys, well here I am, I have had to downgrade to a Scooter due to having had a replacement right knee. Unfortunately I now cannot bend my knee enough to safely ride motor bikes so step through scootering is finally here. I look forward to meeting up for a ride out (I'm from the South Derbyshire area) and occasionally contributing to the forum.

Deleted User 18472

Re: Old Guy downgraded to maxi Scooter

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome to Maxi-Muppetsđź‘Ť
Don't class it as a downgrade, just a different type of riding.
I have just come back to a scoot after riding a Triumph Tiger, and I am having as much fun on the scoot as the bike.

SJCA
Current Ride: Honda FES 250

Post by SJCA »

Thanks Clive, you have made my day! My early step through days was a 1972 Honda 90 which I cut my biking experience on before moving to Superdream, GSX 550, VFR750, and finally a TDM900, before my op. Actually I was pleasantly surprised at the performance of the Scooter, all I need to do now is get rid of the vibration above 60mph. Any ideas?

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Thank you for downgrading to a scooter and joining the site, the vibration could be caused by the small wheels and panels on the scooter. Have you fitted loads of mirrors and spotlights.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Welcome to the pleasuredome you have now hit rock bottom :kiss: :kiss:

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Argh.....”ex biker”, “downgrade”......etc etc. You’re still a fecking biker. It’s got an engine, it’s got two wheels, it’s capable of high speed, it’s capable of eating up the miles, it’s a fecking bike whatever is.
Welcome.

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

I consider scooters an upgrade. more comfort for the pillion, more space under the seat, plastics to tuck into in the rain. usually a larger windscreen is possible also.

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I'm thinking of down grading to a Vespa gts 300 moped next year due to weight of maxi scooters. Vespa, vw camper and a bus pass be sorted ;) ;)