Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
starbar58
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by starbar58 »

Hi I'm a life long biker just graduated to a maxi scooter and loving it when all is well. My tale of woe to follow at some stage .......... :lol:
Basically I bought a ten year old 650 Burgman resonably cheaply - a private sale- and gave it a service, added a new battery,new rear shocks, taller screen , etc. Rode it from south Essex to the New forest to visit family but 90 miles from home the RH rear wheel bearing disintegrated - I only found one of the 8 ball bearings . The RAC took a week to get the bike back to me - now some of the plastics are damaged and the RAC wont accept liability ( strapping a bike with many plastic panels to a transporter needs care ) New bearing kit from ebay was about £17 and reasonably easy to fit.
A week later on a local trip, the FI light came on and stayed on and the bike had to be limped home at 40 mph in low gear . Am not gonna throw any more time or money at what is an old bike with 40,000 miles on , my local Suzuki dealer wont work on anything that old, and told me the Tmax 500 is a better bike ( not the one I rode -it was like a 125 cc )
So my next purchase will be silver wing 600, or a bmw C650 or another Burgman and keep this one for parts.
When it was going it was brilliant and my other half loved the heated seats (and fell asleep on the back)

Neil955i
Current Ride: Kymco X-Town 300i

Re: new member

Post by Neil955i »

Look forward to hearing that! Welcome to the forum from another newbie.
Ride Safe,

Neil
The older I get, the faster I was...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Hi, welcome to our forum :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

welcome
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello and Welcome 👍