Newbie thoughts

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
robmeister1969
Current Ride: FJR1300 R9T

Newbie thoughts

Post by robmeister1969 »

Hi. I’m Robmeister1969. Currently have a Yamaha FJR1300 and a BMW R9T. Over the years have had many motorbikes and usually a large scoot alongside. Have had a Burgman 400, Piaggio MP3 500 and a couple of TMAX’s. The last one I had only for a few months from new in late 2016 before selling to raise funds towards an S1000RR! Shame as I’d just managed to get an Akrapovic for it…

That ‘seed’ has germinated in my mind again to get a new scooter as I do love them as well. I was reading MCN a week ago and I thought I saw a black TMAX and thought that looks cool. Took me a while to work out but it was actually a Kymco AK500.

I’ve got the R9T sold and being collected on Monday.

I thought I was in the market for a new TMAX 560 (grey) but they are a lot of money, especially when you think what other bike you can get for similar money e.g. a Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX Tourer.

Since yesterday I’m really coming round to the Honda X ADV. I have liked them when I’ve seen them in London and the 2021 upgrades help the value argument. The exhaust sounds really good too even on the standard pipe. Plan to go and take a look at the weekend. Would have liked to see heated grips as standard on a bike like this. I haven’t had aftermarkets for a while but they’re usually not well integrated.

Deleted User 18472

Re: Newbie thoughts

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome 👍

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Hi, welcome to our forum :)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

robmeister1969
Current Ride: FJR1300 R9T

Post by robmeister1969 »

I tried the X ADV during the week at Honda Chiswick (Dan - nice salesman). Good scoot but wasn’t feeling it. That said I do think it would grow on you and fair play to Dan as he offered me a longer test ride when I have more time. The key thing for me was with little nearly new stock around of the 2021 model, I can’t justify the price. Would probably look at it again if in the market for a scoot in a few years time.

Did buy a 2021 TMAX in Power Grey with 1k miles on the clock. Decent deal and good service from Rite-Bikes in Bradford. Put a deposit on it Wednesday morning and was delivered to me some 300 miles away the next morning! Managed to contact the previous owner too and bought from him for a fair price the bits that came off the bike when he added the passenger back rest, etc.

Haven’t taken it for a proper spin yet, but plan to order some aftermarket exhaust shortly - would be interested in recommendations having had an Akrapovic on my 2016 TMAX.

Rodbourne
Current Ride: TMax 530 DX

Post by Rodbourne »

Hi,

I notice you mention about an exhaust. I've got a 2018 and looking to change the exhaust too. Did you every get round to doing this? Would be interested to know what you put on it and where you got it from