Ah, just LOVE those Harleys, don't you...

Chat about any motorbike here.
SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Ah, just LOVE those Harleys, don't you...

Post by SkuTorr »

Nice little video. Shows why EVERY bike that I've ever come across that was down/wrecked/off the road was a Harley... :cry:

2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Ah, just LOVE those Harleys, don't you...

Post by capitano »

There must be a lot of Harleys where you live if, "EVERY bike that I've ever come across that was down/wrecked/off the road," was a Harley. :roll:

I'd get all defensive and tell you about the 15 years I spent riding HDs, the awesome fast rides in formation, high speeds with a long train of bikes, two abreast, barely feet apart.

Then again there have been several bizarre incidents, even with stationary bikes.They do (or at least did) tend to attract a section of the never-biked-before community with the spare cash to do a fast-track riding course, buy a £15k+, 350kg+ bike and ride without gaining sufficient experience in the physics of an unstable rolling mass.

So, a non typical accident associated with the brand, but not exactly surprising either. 8-)

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

:lol: You can’t have been around when I slid off my Burger on sand blown onto road off farmers field in Suffolk forest a couple of years ago

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Or when my VStrom slid onto its side across A1 near Newark after a lorry spilt diesel.
There’s two examples of non Harley spills
icon_shit.gif

rjc1944
Current Ride: 2009 Burgman 400

Post by rjc1944 »

I was scooting back from Padstow yesterday on the usual narrow, twisty Cornish lanes when I had to slow down behind a car that couldn't get past TWO big-twin Harleys. They were so nervous on the bends that they were holding the car up! 'nuff said..........
2009 Burgman 400 in sunny Perranporth :D
Always seek the happy medium - she's out there, riding her scooter.

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

The chap kept saying "I hit that hole in the road!" The hole I could see was a couple of tyre widths outside the line of the road edge! He hit a hole beside the road, on his way to the accident!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

Post by Pandrop »

There are plenty of bikers who end up on their arse regardless of make and model - its never nice seeing a biker down.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Pandrop wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:30 am bikers
I don't like bikers much. I'm not one, and never have been. I ride scooters, and riding a scooter as high profile as the Helix means that my non-biker status has been pointed out to me on many occasions by plenty of Proper Bikers. This has permeated through my being to the point that even when I'm on something that they might regard as an acceptable choice of ride I'm still 100% not a biker. Do I nod? Nah, not unless you're on a Helix, a C90, a Heinkel or something else interesting. I've got nothing in common with the race replica speed merchants or the cruiser-riding Sons of Suburbia.

Now our Ged is a gent, but I've never met him IRL. The Harley riders that I have had dialogue with have been amongst the biggest knobbers ever to grace the planet. I can only call it as I see it.

Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

Post by Pandrop »

Jaz wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:43 pm
Pandrop wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:30 am bikers
I don't like bikers much. I'm not one, and never have been. I ride scooters, and riding a scooter as high profile as the Helix means that my non-biker status has been pointed out to me on many occasions by plenty of Proper Bikers. This has permeated through my being to the point that even when I'm on something that they might regard as an acceptable choice of ride I'm still 100% not a biker. Do I nod? Nah, not unless you're on a Helix, a C90, a Heinkel or something else interesting. I've got nothing in common with the race replica speed merchants or the cruiser-riding Sons of Suburbia.

Now our Ged is a gent, but I've never met him IRL. The Harley riders that I have had dialogue with have been amongst the biggest knobbers ever to grace the planet. I can only call it as I see it.
In my opinion its absolutely fine to be selective with who you 'nod' to or hang around with and I've met plenty of 'knobbers' whether they ride bikes, scooters or bicycles, drive Volvo Estates , hot hatches, Vans or Lorries . I make a judgement of someone based on their actions and behaviours not based purely on their chosen mode of transport.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:43 pm Now our Ged is a gent, but I've never met him IRL. The Harley riders that I have had dialogue with have been amongst the biggest knobbers ever to grace the planet. I can only call it as I see it.
Jaz, I'm sure that a lot of folks think I'm a "knobber," now, let alone when I rode Harley Davidsons. :lol: