Exciting Bike I wonder if ??? ( Enfield 650 twin )

Chat about any motorbike here.
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Exciting Bike I wonder if ??? ( Enfield 650 twin )

Post by XP500FUN »

They would ever do a decent affordable scooter ?

On about the Royal Enfield 650 Twin, new from about £5.400 and the quality and manners etc sounds superb looking at the reviews etc.

Also they have really gone for it on the quality control side of things by the sound of it too.

I am slightly addicted to reading and watching revues on these, and they are beautiul things to look at, listen too, and apparently ride.

Proper good and practical and well thought out bike.

The only gimmick as such to speak of is ABS, and very home bodger friendly.

Anyone ridden one yet ?

If I was`nt winter buggered " oooeeer miss`s " I would seriously be trading my scoot in for a new one.

But I am !!! so I are`nt sadly. But I wish I was buying one.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: Exciting Bike I wonder if ??? ( Enfield 650 twin )

Post by Ralph »

Not seen one close up but they sure sound well.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

This has been moved to motorbike chat !!! but I put it in the scooter section as hoping they might do something special scooter wise.

The scooter world could do with something cheap and good, and Enfield seem good at looking at whats needed.

Might even be worth asking them etc.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

1. It's essentially about the Enfield 650 twin, which is not a scooter. Hence the move to motorbike chat.

Wishing that RE would make a maxi scooter doesn't really qualify it being a maxi scooter topic. However, point taken and if you are really bothered I will move it back. (Most misplaced posts are by accident/ non-observation, this evidently isn't) 8-)

2. Be careful what you wish for. I'll relate my particular horror story regarding the RE bikes on another topic where it was originally mentioned (as it's more relevant there.)

Despite said horror story, RE's UK distributor is MotoGB. MotoGB already have a scooter brand of proven quality, Sym. Sym products are revered in Greece where the disposable income levels are much lower. The product is great and the spares situation is superb.

Contrast that with how Sym are managed by MotoGB in the UK and you would be wise to be wary. :shock:

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

This has been moved to motorbike chat !!! but I put it in the scooter section as hoping they might do something special scooter wise.

With all the best intent I don't believe MotoGB are members of this forum so would never see your post or desires. You could try contacting them direct but if they cannot get the spares distribution right I doubt they would even respond.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

I Looked I sat I viewed you-tube I went to the dealer then they told me about the servicing,how much
1st service was at 300 miles cost try £240,they do a service package but its still every 3000 miles,and the big one is at 6000 miles,and the cheapest is over £300,stuff that it may be easy to get to,but it needs more then others.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive 2 mates with R/E interceptors and they love them, one had a bonnie and prefers his R/E.For the price they are a fantastic bike, service it yourself after the first service, just keep the receipts in case a warranty claim is needed.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

I am on lots of 650 groups for the Enfield, i too love seeing what bling is out there, for me it begs for customisation, i only hope they bring out a scrambler version thats higher up seating wise, only bike out there i would buy that would put me back on a geared bike.
Dezzie

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I've ridden one and very nice it is, a good retro bike, but I have a CBF600S which I have to do a p-ex for it. Comparing the 2 bikes, it would be madness to go ahead with a deal. Have to stick with Honda build quality, cheaper tax and insurance, 4 cylinder smooth engine.
But as a biker, I'm mad and have a grasshopper mind, so watch this space!!
P.S. Also like the Himalayan, rummer has it that the 650 engine will be offered soon.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Well....just take a good look at the quality of fixtures and fitting, nuts and bolts etc before you buy...there's a reason they're cheap; and tales of e.g. fork yoke bolts snapping when folk are trying to get the forks out to fit gaiters, don't fill me with any confidence that they're any better made than the single I had! The clutch operating arms on the bikes at NEC looked like they'd been polished with angle grinders...
They're worth what they cost; and as always it's down to individual choice.
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350