Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Single/Scooter like ?

Chat about any motorbike here.
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Single/Scooter like ?

Post by XP500FUN »

If they do the base Meteor for £3500 and up to just under £4k for the top spec model they will sell in absolute droves.

The 650 is a superb bike, but the seating and economy etc and laid back ride of the Meteor will appeal to many more.

And 75 MPH with all that midrange and torque is enough for the UK roads anyway.

Its speed camera and unmarked car city here, and we`re out in the sticks !!!

Maybe someone should try to contact the UK RE design team re a scooter idea to see if they are considering anything that way.

Might even be something they are thinking about.

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

Another bike I would be tempted to get...

How can I justify it?

Loving the brown, I know it sounds odd, but I have a weird thing for brown motorbikes!

Seems I have until May 2021 to get it out of my system, luckily I probably will have forgotten about it by then or moved on to something else...

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

Rather strangely, have been looking at the RE Classic 500 too

The new version of this is also sporting a 350 engine, although it doesnt appear to be the same 350 as in the Meteor

Bit odd the Classic is going from 27bhp 500cc to 19bhp 350cc.

Probably because of emmissions they are dropping the 500, but it seems a bit backwards for a very slow bike to be receiving a much less powerful engine!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Scootalli wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:29 pm Rather strangely, have been looking at the RE Classic 500 too

The new version of this is also sporting a 350 engine, although it doesnt appear to be the same 350 as in the Meteor

Bit odd the Classic is going from 27bhp 500cc to 19bhp 350cc.

Probably because of emmissions they are dropping the 500, but it seems a bit backwards for a very slow bike to be receiving a much less powerful engine!
Not so much when you consider where Enfield are going.

Their main market is their home one. Their second priority is the wider Asian market. The 350 capacity is well known, and an accepted , standard, capacity.

The 500s were mainly export models. With the 650 twin, they don't need the 500 singles any longer.

The present motors are designed to meet all global emissions regulations. They will likely be their last range of ICE motors.

Their likely direction is electric motorcycles.

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

See what you mean, they arent really aimed at the UK market...

What do you think will be better?

The 500cc 27bhp and 41NM

or a more modern (?) 350 20bhp and 27NM

I know the 500cc single doesnt have the best reviews in the world, but it is more of a character bike than anything else,

Might get one before they bring the new one out...

Gav
Current Ride: 2005 Gilera Nexus

Post by Gav »

I have an Enfield Bullet circa 1994, that I was riding till I had carb probs, got one new via India then had electric glitches so has been on Fleabay as a project-
The bike has been residing as a very nice man cave static exhibit, in my spare room-however since diagnosed with athritus in both knees,damaged from spills on(ok off) high powered Italian Stallion V Twins
Just doing some upgrades on my Aprilia Mille,which gets very rarely ridden,I bought a Gilera Nexus 500,see for sale on here,and plan to continue some longer rideouts, if and when allowed.

The Bullet was huge fun, turned heads and when I forgot the one up 3 down gears are on the right,hitting what I thought was the brake pedal, Changed up whilst the twin leading front shoes did a good job, addressing motion.
From walking pace she would pick up her skirts and pull like a Fordson Tractor, and sound a tad like one too.
even in 3rd-there is a Honda Cub liike pivot on the pedal to heel and toe, however with my size 10s I usually changed up foot under main pedal.

I will admit to having some kick back issues with the single pot, if it wasnt decompressed fully, but maybe with the old Carb and when a new loom be fitted, via me or maybe new custodian.so again an issue hereby.

Like a scooter, nope, cant see it unless it has a centrifugal clutch(sorry have'nt read all prior posts), Variator and rubber belt.

Even the latest ones with a disc front brake electric(and kicker backup)Spragg clutches can be troublesome(as on Rotax V1000s -I had no issues in that respect, with either or 2 Suzuki engined also Italian Jobs.
lack of storage space, panniers needed,On the Enfield. It is a toatally different experience riding basically an old Brit, with admitedly sublime handling, low down on sprung single saddle, skinny rubber-
also relatively cheap new too.Prices for used ones are buoyant now as well.
icon_power-ranger.gif

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

maybe it goes well,but its a bit heavy for its lack of power
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

see one heard one and spoke to the rider,it was a demo from bowen,s a matt black,very nice sounds very nice too,
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Sat on one today, its like an Old BSA 350 with american bars. Now going to study the 3 different models and what colour I like.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive read lots of reviews, none bad, sounds like its a very good machine.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.