Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Single/Scooter like ?

Chat about any motorbike here.
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Single/Scooter like ?

Post by XP500FUN »

Hi I`ve put a mention of the new 350 Enfiled Meteor on the scooter chat as for me it seems almost the most scooter like bike out there at present.

Really got me excited and may come to the UK, it is in Europe, though 2021 may be very hard going here possibly overall.

This is a very good, and well done review in English, but there are plenty of other very interesting reviews and rides etc in English as well if you try a few.

20HP but lots of torque, also the new engine has a single overhead camshaft, and a decent balancer fitted now, so the old single RE vibes are gone.

Sounds like it pulls smoothly very well, smooth gear box, and good clutch, good MPG`s, and not much gear changing needed.

Great feet forwardish possition, very comfy seat and its low as well. And there is a lower still option.

I would honestly be very tempted to trade the scooter in for one of these if they do land. He said hopefully.

Reminds me of my very fondly remembered old Honda CB250RS single, though the meteor looks a lot more comfortable.

I think you could do large mileages on one of these very easly.

Top speeds around 75MPH but cruises nicely around 60+

Anyway I think its a worthy scootery type bike so worth posting here.

If they had made it a 500 single it would of been amazing.

I may email them re making an actual scooter with a real swinging arm !!! never know.

Deleted User 4154

Re: Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Single/Scooter like ?

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

The numbers all look good; I'd much rather a lower-powered machine that delivers it's best in low down torque, rather than something that you're constantly revving the knackers off. The worst bit about it for me is the awful cruiser styling, but - as you say - the upright seating position is a good thing.

Me, I would much rather have the Bullet, although I gather they are finally discontinuing it?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, its not really very scooter like to my eyes....though of course 'scooter' is impossible to define! Sorry but to me, its a naked bike - no fairing, no luggage space, chain - maybe pleasant for a summer Sunday afternoon bimble, but not brilliant for a winter commute!.

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

It does look good, and looks like a small capacity motorbike not just built for 'new riders'

Hear that a lot, like everyone is working their way up to a fireblade, when a lot of people just want to enjoy the motorbike experience.

TBH it doesnt strike me as a scooter replacement though...

lenny
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by lenny »

No step-through, not a scooter. Just my opinion ;)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

lenny wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:14 am No step-through, not a scooter. Just my opinion ;)
The road to hell is to discuss what is and isn't a scooter! The Honda Integra isn't a step through so therefore its not a scooter! Don't know whether the new Forza 750 is step-thru-able...

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Regarding scooter like I suppose I meant low seat height, easy on and off and laid back feet forward and comfort.

Theres no affordable small scooter with proper, decent suspension out there yet.

Also its an ideal older person back to bikes or later bike too.

The Honda Highness looks nice as well but higher geared and slightly more gaspey, but quite feet back and bunched up by comparrison.

The Meteor a very interesting bike. If they can sell it for £4K here !!! ???

If they sold a 500 version for a tad under £5000 they would hurtle out of the shops.

As Mr G says the new Honda Integra and even new Forza isn`t really a full on scooter either sadly, and high. I think Honda missed a trick there not making the latest forza more akin to the Silverwing.

I can see the half the price likely Meteor appealing to a lot more people.

Its a very intriguing release too in 2020.

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Certainly not a scooter but still appealing to me as an old duffer not interested in the latest styled mega powered offerings the bigger companies offer.My Burgman is an ideal ride for me although little on heavy side it’s step through and automatic I will look at the new 750 Honda Forza but it isn’t a step through I could get on and off easily so likely not be interested,we’ll see😁

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

That Honda Highness is more appealing for me its stunning and very customisable which is what floats my boat, i would only have a 650 Enfield for the same reason.
Dezzie

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

XP500FUN wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:03 pm Hi I`ve put a mention of the new 350 Enfiled Meteor on the scooter chat as for me it seems almost the most scooter like bike out there at present.

... and I have moved it to the "Motorbike chat" section where it belongs, for pretty much the same reason as I moved your Royal Enfield 650 topic to that section previously:-
capitano wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:52 am 1. It's essentially about the Enfield 650 twin, which is not a scooter. Hence the move to motorbike chat.

Wishing that RE would make a maxi scooter doesn't really qualify it being a maxi scooter topic.
8-)