silly topic-is your bike alive? does it have a personality.

Chat about any motorbike here.
Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

silly topic-is your bike alive? does it have a personality.

Post by Rocketman122 »

btw, im curious if others ever feel their bikes are "alive" I know it sounds weird.
not asking if you have a name but do you feel you connect with the bike. does it have a personality. I know it sounds silly. my older sym hd200 tries to please. works hard. even though its oldish it tries to ride nice and all within reason of what it can do. its older but rely on it as my daily driver. it has been reliable.

my maxsym seems evil. very evil. possesed and scary. the matte black color does not help. it rides with brute force. there is no elegance about it. it doesnt do any of it in a nice way. I dont ride hard at all. but that thing wants to break the law. its like venom from the comics.

my joyride200 was a hard worker. it lasted a full year with getting quite hot and mixing water and oil with a bad head gasket. constant oil and water replenishment but didnt complain.

my b400 isnt super powerful but I could not connect with it. I tried to care for it all the time. I did buy it used with many km. my first maxi scooter. it gave me a lot of issues. it felt like it was psychotic. showing signs like an abused child might when hes an adult.. it didnt see me wanting to help it. like it kept flipping me the bird.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: silly topic-is your bike alive? does it have a personality.

Post by SH125Paul »

Nope, not now... both are Honda.
The Kawasaki, Yam and CCM Bikes felt more of an experiance... Honda feels like a tool... a good one at that, but a tool for the job.
Never found the scoots that communacative, maybe down to the swung unit. possibly the Gilly Runner was a bit, 200 in a small shape.

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

oh gilera runner. after having a typhoon 125 2t was waiting for the runner 180 2t but it never came. wow a speed thing

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I could say that of previous bikes, but my current one still has very low mileage and is still too young to have developed enough.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

its a silly topic but the maxsym does not fit my personality. I think it needs an owner who is more adventerous and aggressive and rough. im past the stage of looking for adrenaline. I took the scooter only because of price and it seemed like a bike that could hold over time. im tired of having to send engines for rebuild. also on highways I want something that runs at low rpm without any strain.

what you say is true. when I bought new, I was about to connect better with it.