Sunday 29th

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Sunday 29th

Post by Funkycowie »

Peter Moulds for me, my avatar on there is me on my Nexus so easy to find.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

woozy-uk
Current Ride: PCX 125

Post by woozy-uk »

thanks

@ poldark please can you add John Cusick (i have my boat as my avatar)

thanks

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Post by Zed »

halfabusa wrote:I had to change the beautiful enya soundtrack to some shitty youtube provided track, so unfortunately it's not that great to listen anymore.

[youtube][/youtube]
I thought the techno one was amusing: trying to jazz-up a slow scooter ride on A roads :lol: Noticed at 1:39 the Liberty's engine cut out as i came to a stop behind the black car, and had to restart... :oops:
Of course now all our number plates are see-able to YouTube, isn't there an automatic pixellator?
woozy-uk wrote:do any of you use facebook to keep in touch?
You young-uns and your interwebby-thingamabobs, what's wrong with carrier-pigeons anyway? :?

woozy-uk

Post by woozy-uk »

Noticed at 1:39 the Liberty's engine cut out as i came to a stop behind the black car
it heard my hondas idle stop and tried to copy that

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

good point about pixellerator, i wonder if such a tech exists for youtube or windows movie creator... i could use that :)

woozy, careful with the auto stop functionality. I heard a lot of battery drain issues about it.

On another note, my belt light is still not on :O and i'm over 24900 miles now (supposed to come on about 24840) so i'm divided in between hanging on for a while longer and waiting for the light to show up and just getting it done...

I did change my battery recently, but i assume that shouldn't affect any service light intervals, should it?
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

woozy-uk

Post by woozy-uk »

halfabusa wrote:careful with the auto stop functionality. I heard a lot of battery drain issues about it.
where is this info? thankyou

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Good video. I realise its speeded up but it looks a dangerous place to ride.
That bit at 1.35 where it filters your lane left then makes you merge back into the right all of a sudden.
Must be scary for learners!
Then the push bike ignoring the lights :roll: and the scooter going past at 16.55.
He didn't wave !! :cry:

woozy-uk

Post by woozy-uk »

you get loads of push bike riders making up their own rules in london

i took the following footage on the way into work this morning, its the first time i tried filtering all the way since i started commuting and on a bike above 50cc 4 weeks ago

i get sooo nervous with oncoming traffic and riding on white lines, as all of you seem to have lots of experience how was my nervous filtering, thanks

Edit: video was too long. youtube used to allow much longer videos

part 1

part 2

still too long ffs, fu YT :twisted:

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

Liam wrote: That bit at 1.35 where it filters your lane left then makes you merge back into the right all of a sudden.
Must be scary for learners!
That's at the entrance of blackwall tunnel. I think it was there all the time but only recently traffic started to be routed through there. It's the first time i've been on that lane.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

halfabusa
Benefactor

Post by halfabusa »

halfabusa wrote: On another note, my belt light is still not on :O and i'm over 24900 miles now (supposed to come on about 24840) so i'm divided in between hanging on for a while longer and waiting for the light to show up and just getting it done...

I did change my battery recently, but i assume that shouldn't affect any service light intervals, should it?

Mystery solved... I re-checked service documents, and realised the belt was done at 12480, which means the light is not due to come on until 24960 miles. It's currently reading 24926, so it's nearly there... If it was a nice summer night out, i'd have gone for a quick ride to make up the miles so that i can get it done tomorrow, but i'll have to stick to my normal commute for now.

Anyway, it's only 34 miles to go, which means, counting my daily 26 mile route, i'll have the light on by Friday, which is a good day to get it done...
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...