Sunday 29th

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Re: Sunday 29th

Post by Zed »

halfabusa wrote:
Liam wrote:That bit at 1.35 where it filters your lane left then makes you merge back into the right all of a sudden.
Must be scary for learners!
That's at the entrance of blackwall tunnel. I think it was there all the time but only recently traffic started to be routed through there. It's the first time i've been on that lane.
Yeah last year the far right lane used to merge into the middle, so the left and middle entered the tunnel, and that bit that goes off was only used for overheight/width lorries.
Since crimbo they've made the middle and right hand lanes go into the tunnel and that left weird bit. IMO it's more sensible, as it makes the cagers merge better at the previous onramp. Normally i would have moved to the middle lane, but Richie was the leader and took us up the weird bit by the tunnel. Hmm that sounds wrong...

Had a workmate (super-sports bike nutter, but very experienced rider) get knocked off recently there: white van man making a lane change suddenly on the approach, and clipped his front wheel. He said he was glad the cars all avoided him :roll: :?

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Sunday 29th

Post by mottza »

Bit late in replying, was a cold and bloody foggy ride there. Really good turnout with about 10-15 of us with bagels and cheese scones.

Me and the old man had a good ride back to my parents (Sunday Roast beckoned :) )

Ride back from parents was very wet in the rain :( Glad the x9 has very good lights and protection :)
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125