MCN 2012

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

MCN 2012

Post by Zed »

Anyone going to this?

http://www.mcnmotorcycleshow.com/

I didnt realise it was on this weekend, and it's now £25 tickets! But wouldnt mind having a sit on the NC700 if they're showing it, and looking for new gear...

woozy-uk
Current Ride: PCX 125

Re: MCN 2012

Post by woozy-uk »

im going tomorrow in the afternoon, my friend is getting me a ticket on the gate as he has a motorcycle racing team, the lucky sod has himself and his wife VIP tickets from michelin, i didnt even though i bought michelin tyres a week ago

i will be going on my pcx to Excel, i just want some better gear so thought there is the perfect oppertunity

but yes the ticket price is a rip off! theres no guarantee he will get me in there if he cannot ill go home, ill spent the ticket price on gloves elsewhere instead if thats the case

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Am not going my self too bloody many £££££,my mate went yesterday who had a bad accident last year,last lower right leg.Now he is up walking/busing/traming/trains & pubbing 2 of us.He said it wasent worth it.IM didnt think it was good last year.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

woozy-uk

Post by woozy-uk »

zed, if you can get there for 2pm i might be able to get you in too. if you can ill check with my friend too

Zed

Post by Zed »

I'll have to check with Teh Mrs, but i'm pretty sure i'm free for 2pm onwards.

TBH the last one wasn;t that great (and got really busy after noon) and i dont particularly need new gear, but if it was a meet-up... ask your friend though, free is good ;)

Also dont forget to bargain/haggle hard: two years ago (three?) i got my Shoei XR1100 for £280, when the RRP was £399, and typical sales at the show were £350. And my Rukka trousers which were RRP £600+, which i got for £300-ish.

woozy-uk

Post by woozy-uk »

hi mate, i am sorry he said today he cant push his luck as theres no certainty he can get me in either

Zed

Post by Zed »

No worries. Cold out anyway...

woozy-uk

Post by woozy-uk »

sorry about the poor photos, i think my settings were wrong they are normally excellent :oops:

well i went, it was late by the time we went in. about 3pm. that was enough time still to see everything, i got what i went for, some decent gloves and hi vis jacket that wont fall apart. Below are only a couple of pics i took of some maxi scooters and one or two other types, as well as me with a couple of famous bikers, im afraid i have no interest in the bikes i cant see myself riding. granted many looked nice . i just started motorcycling so i might get more passionate in it as im ejoying my 125. my friend Martin is a huge superbike racing fan and has his own team (Mr Jones) and knows most of the big names there personally. he managed to get me a ticket from the Michelin booth, he told them i just bought their city grips.

On the honda stand they even had a PCX with all the garnish available in the uk on it. looked spiffing!

the stunt show was awesome to watch too, much better than i expected it to be. Our tickets had a 12pm showing on them which were too late for but martin got me and his wife in for the 4pm show, i took footage on my phone but of course it was dark, very smoky and very noisy and my htc camera couldn't focus on anything. the show also had sexy women that youde expect on page 3 of the Sun fire breathing and creating sparks with a powertool. not the vibrating kind

had a nice day but i woudlnt not have paid for it myself if i had not got in

My friend martin looking at a bike identical to the ones he has. (he knows this bike too, i cannot remember the details though).
I have seen many superbikes in his workshop he has

scooters (i do like the burger)

(pcx a few bikes along)

other bikes

Me with celebz!

videos taken on a potato of the race/stunt show

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

woozy-uk wrote: had a nice day but i woudlnt not have paid for it myself if i had not got in
First one I've missed for a good few years. Our mate Dave was up there with Metal Mule so the lad rode up on Friday and said similar. I thought maybe he was being kind by saying I didn't miss anything but it seems that a fair few people concur!

woozy-uk wrote:
Johnny Boy has lost some weight by the looks of it! Hopefully we'll see him get another result live at the TT this year (but hopefully not at the expense of Guy Martin :D )

Zed

Post by Zed »

Glad you had moderate enjoyment.

Is the silver hump-backed one the Saietta?
http://www.gizmag.com/agility-saietta-i ... cle/17799/