what time, just in case I can make it
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Saturday Breakfast

Post by Stephen »

Mottza

10am for breakfast.....by the time we’ve had a chinwag and more tea,its usually 11.15ish when we set for a ride,Barry has one planned,i guess that’ll be about 1.5 hours,so a rough time for the Tea Hut would be about 1.30-2.00 pm.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Good breakfast,although not the cheapest gaff we go to,weather looked a bit bleak,so just a short ride to High Beech via the Lee Valley Olympic Water Park,long chat at High Beech tea hut with a few other bikers,as i decided to leave it started to rain and chucked it down all the back to Northampton,nevertheless still a good day out and there was even a second Honda ADV at High Beech.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Your right Steve, breakfast was good and although I had the "half breakfast" it was well presented and reasonable value for money. It was good to go back over some of my old stomping ground and nice to meet up with sootypuff senior (Harvey) at High Beech. I called in at GLR motorcycles on way home as there website shows them a being a Sym dealer. However, when I got there, no signs of any Syms just a handful of Vespa's and a couple of Mutt motorcycles and that was it. I spoke with the only guy in the shop who confirmed the they severed ties with Sym several months ago and hadn't got around to updating there website - very dissapointing.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Sorry I could not make it. But will see some of you on Friday!
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Good to meet you guys again today.

Small world ride with one group meet another (got to be 2 years since last at Epping)

Happy to see another X-ADV Steve how dirty was your arse after the wet ride home

Roger Sorry to hear no joy with Sym have you asked Bridge Street if they could work on them??

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Scootypuff snr wrote:Good to meet you guys again today.

Small world ride with one group meet another (got to be 2 years since last at Epping)

Happy to see another X-ADV Steve how dirty was your arse after the wet ride home
Yes...indeed,the rear end does get grubby,forgot to look to see if you had a hugger or spray guard,hopefully will have my crash bars soon,good to meet you again,may even see you for a Saturday breakfast meet.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Scootypuff snr wrote:
Roger Sorry to hear no joy with Sym have you asked Bridge Street if they could work on them??
Harvey, As briefly touched upon earlier, I am begining to think that a Sym purchase will be a bad move due to lack of local dealers and not being able to obtain a test ride. I will get my Cornish trip out of the way then give some thought as to my next move.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

Stephen wrote:Mottza

10am for breakfast.....by the time we’ve had a chinwag and more tea,its usually 11.15ish when we set for a ride,Barry has one planned,i guess that’ll be about 1.5 hours,so a rough time for the Tea Hut would be about 1.30-2.00 pm.

Steve
If you lot don't mind.. :lol: :?: I could meet you all at High Beech next time. :P
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

road runner wrote:
Scootypuff snr wrote:
Harvey, As briefly touched upon earlier, I am begining to think that a Sym purchase will be a bad move due to lack of local dealers and not being able to obtain a test ride. I will get my Cornish trip out of the way then give some thought as to my next move.

Just a thought Kegra Scooters st Southend did sell sym not sure if they still do as been well over a year since I last visited but with the subway store in the parade waiting for a service wasn't tough and you can walk up Hoblythick Lane to visit Pole Pisition