Got my test ride on a 400 Burgman...Whoopeeeeee!!!.........

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
amsmtb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki burgman 400za l4

Re: Got my test ride on a 400 Burgman...Whoopeeeeee!!!......

Post by amsmtb »

Let em blank you. Who dam well cares its sad but iv stoped nodding other bikes now unless they nod me first, i ride my 400 burger cos i can i have a full licence and can ride what ever i want reguardless of gears or size and i ride the burger cos i want too. Im a 30 year old father of 4 i have very little to prove. We all take the same risks out there cant see why it matters. But on that note i have some friends who are proper bikers and they love the burg.

Just ride and enjoy it its a whole way of life. At least ya not in a car :evil:
Suzuki burgman 400za l4
Suzuki burgman 400 k5
Gilara nexus 500 2004
Suzuki Burgman AN400 k7 2006
Piaggio x7 125 2010
Yamaha Majesty YP125R 2000
jinun db50qt6 (NInja) 2007
Honda nsr125k JC20 1991

buff
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by buff »

amsmtb wrote:Let em blank you. Who dam well cares its sad but iv stoped nodding other bikes now unless they nod me first, i ride my 400 burger cos i can i have a full licence and can ride what ever i want reguardless of gears or size and i ride the burger cos i want too. Im a 30 year old father of 4 i have very little to prove. We all take the same risks out there cant see why it matters. But on that note i have some friends who are proper bikers and they love the burg.

I totally agree. I'm 47 and and ridden a host of different machines. I've now got a 400 Burger and ride it because I love it. It's a much better ride than a bike in my opinion. :)

I've had good responses from bikers who like it.

Buff

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Glad your about to get a scoot, But do try the 650 or silverwing,tmax ......Just to see what they are like, as You will always wonder ;-)
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

amsmtb
Benefactor

Post by amsmtb »

R1K SU wrote:Glad your about to get a scoot, But do try the 650 or silverwing,tmax ......Just to see what they are like, as You will always wonder ;-)
Indeed you should try as many as you can, and if you still think the burger is for you the go for it i tryed lots of models before i plumped for the burg. The low seat hight low centre of grav did it for me, plus has lots of room for modding and toying with, but we all have are resons.
Suzuki burgman 400za l4
Suzuki burgman 400 k5
Gilara nexus 500 2004
Piaggio x7 125 2010
Honda nsr125k JC20 1991

amsmtb
Benefactor

Post by amsmtb »

buff wrote:
amsmtb wrote:Let em blank you. Who dam well cares its sad but iv stoped nodding other bikes now unless they nod me first, i ride my 400 burger cos i can i have a full licence and can ride what ever i want reguardless of gears or size and i ride the burger cos i want too. Im a 30 year old father of 4 i have very little to prove. We all take the same risks out there cant see why it matters. But on that note i have some friends who are proper bikers and they love the burg.

I totally agree. I'm 47 and and ridden a host of different machines. I've now got a 400 Burger and ride it because I love it. It's a much better ride than a bike in my opinion. :)

I've had good responses from bikers who like it.

Buff
:P
Suzuki burgman 400za l4
Suzuki burgman 400 k5
Gilara nexus 500 2004
Piaggio x7 125 2010
Honda nsr125k JC20 1991

macamxthe1st
Current Ride: 2019 Burgman 400

Post by macamxthe1st »

I have been riding for 40+ years on everything from sports bikes to big tourers, adventure to middleweights etc. I am currently running a 400 burgman and in my view it is the best allround package bar none. Now that's a big statement so let me state a few reasons for arriving at this conclusion. The Burgman is very, very comfortable, I can ride all day without difficulty. It will cruise anywhere up to an indicated 95mph. It will return between 65-75mpg. The handling is fun and is completely stable up to its top speed. Massive luggage/shopping/beer carrying capacity. Wonderfull weather protection and aerodynamics. Will tour and commute with consummate ease. I could go on but hopefully you get the point.

Geoff.

PS. I have a Triumph Bonneville also which I love, it has however stood idle for the last few months as the Burgman is always the preferred choice. May also be worth noting I ride about 15,000 miles per year and have previously been a professional motorcyclist.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

I kinda think that too. The 400 is a good alround package from the sound of it. In the Uk it's priced quite competitively. I've ruled out the 650 (great bike) because of the extra weight and bulk which would soon become a problem for me. I don't want the extra cost of buying and running one either. I'm looking for maximum fuel economy with good cruise ability. 65-70mph is fine for me. I also want to be able to do all my own maintenance whatever needs doing. The Burgman will be a keeper. One of the staff at twist & go mag had an early Burg 400 with over 78,000 miles on the clock. So it's a capable little unit.

Question please: do both headlights stay illuminated on the Burg or is it just one on dip and both on full?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

If you do get one, adjust the suspension to the hardest setting thats comfy for you. They handle so much better like that ;)

Yes, on dip beam its just one light illuminated. Ive had mine only a few months and Im totally sold on them now, even though I havent ridden it since they started gritting the roads in mid January :oops:

amsmtb
Benefactor

Post by amsmtb »

barryG wrote:If you do get one, adjust the suspension to the hardest setting thats comfy for you. They handle so much better like that ;)

Yes, on dip beam its just one light illuminated. Ive had mine only a few months and Im totally sold on them now, even though I havent ridden it since they started gritting the roads in mid January :oops:
And may i add fit a better 12 volt outlet one that you can use on the fly.
Suzuki burgman 400za l4
Suzuki burgman 400 k5
Gilara nexus 500 2004
Piaggio x7 125 2010
Honda nsr125k JC20 1991

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Glad you liked it. I certainly do. I've just ordered my second one! I can see why it took some getting used to after a conventional bike though. They are so different.
Regarding the blanking a scooter rider gets from riders of conventional bikes, I have had this too, both with my previous Burgman and with my current bike, a Honda SH 300i. I just ignore it. People who look down their noses at me because I 'only have a scooter' aren't worth bothering with anyway.