Service Manual - Burgman 400

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Service Manual - Burgman 400

Post by Data »

Having just got my new bike, I notice the service manual (the one that gets stamped by dealer after service) is missing it's Vehicle Identification Sticker on the second page :o . It states on that page that if the sticker is missing or defaced the bikes warranty is invalidated. After contacting my dealer (who is excellent by the way), I've been told Suzuki stopped supplying the stickers a while ago probably as an economy measure, and the warranty on the bike was not in any way affected they assured me. So anyone out there who has just noticed this with their new bike, don't be alarmed! Oh...my dealer did say they can still get hold of the sticker from Suzuki if it really bothered me. But they just don't send them out now as they used to.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Re: Service Manual - Burgman 400

Post by bornagainbiker »

Hmmm. My Burgman service manual has the correct computer printed sticker and that's only from last September 2011. My September 2010 Intruder also has the official sticker and they were bought from different dealers. I would be concerned after spending so much money and I would question this directly with Suzuki Customer Services. I also received 'My Suzuki' Identification cards in the post shortly after buying my new bikes. IMO, I think your dealer have given you some duff information just to get around the missing sticker and I would request that they apply for it, it's not now but when you come to sell it when potential buyers ask the same questions, 'Where is the sticker'.
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Yep...I've asked them to obtain the correct sticker and they said they will download it when I'm next in the dealership and affix it in said place in the book. There is a chance I will be taking the Burgman to France on a short tour later this year and I don't want any problems to arise if the unforseen should happen. Although, I've never ever had any problems whatsoever with any Suzuki I've ever bought in umpteen years and thousands of miles. But, you never know do you! 8-)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

Ive got the sticker in my book from October... I expect they just forgot it tbh and dont want to appear stupid. Dealers sure do bullshit an awful lot.