The Fens.....

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

The Fens.....

Post by Stibbs »

Lovely 160mile bimble through Suffolk into Cambridgeshire today via Hadleigh, lavenham, bury st Edmunds, mildenhall, shippea hill to Ely returning via thetford and Ipswich.
Average temperature 19c.
Some very bumpy fen roads (anyone who’s ridden there knows what I’m saying) and some beautiful countryside villages and amazing little hidden churches.
Just a scooter “tabulous” day mates..... :D :D icon_hexag.gif icon_hexag.gif

Maxster
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Re: The Fens.....

Post by Maxster »

Hi, I visited Ipswich marina on the old docks last week for the first time in 30yrs, wow what a transformation, all bars, restaurants, blocks of flats and all the yachts it's a super place. My friend started the first Honda motorcycle dealership in England in Ipswich along with the Davey brothers

Maxster
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by Maxster »

Maxster wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:21 am Hi, I visited Ipswich marina on the old docks last week for the first time in 30yrs, wow what a transformation, all bars, restaurants, blocks of flats and all the yachts it's a super place. My friend started the first Honda motorcycle dealership in England in Ipswich along with the Davey brothers
Just done a quick google search and already found three claims of being first Honda motorcycle dealer in England so looks like all maybe telling porkies along with my deceased friend.

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

Interesting debate however they definitely were “one” of the first so you weren’t too far off.
Dave brothers still on the go in Ipswich although I think they’re into the smaller scoots nowadays.
You’re right about the dock area of Town it’s really nice down there, it’s a shame that so many shops have closed in the centre and some parts look and feel rather outdated.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Didn't know that Hadleigh, Lavenham and Bury were in the Fens. Nevertheless some great roads around there and the Stour Valley.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

mottza wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:19 pm Didn't know that Hadleigh, Lavenham and Bury were in the Fens. Nevertheless some great roads around there and the Stour Valley.
Via Suffolk?
Have to get there somehow.....