Latest MPG...

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Latest MPG...

Post by Stibbs »

bike now 5 years young. 18,600 miles ridden.
My last two fill ups have been 73 & 77 mpg respectively. The best was 78 just a couple of weeks ago. Can I now consider my bike to be “run in” ;) :D

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: Latest MPG...

Post by Snail »

Hi, that's good, ours is 20 months old, 7700 miles best i can get is 65mpg, but are two up and mostly about town riding, I'm just trying to check mileage between the two low fuel warnings, so when I get first, set trip b to zero then wait for second, just trying to check my range on a tankfull

Have you had anything extra needed apart from normal servicing?

Are you on burgman riders UK Facebook group as well?

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

Snail, do you mean your fuel gauge is showing low when you know you still have plenty left? I assume yours is the new (post 2016) model? If that’s the case then Suzuki still haven’t solved the problem. Mine also shows low when I know I’ve still got at least a gallon left, it’s a flaw but you learn to live with it.
I’ve only had one problem in 5 years and that was the coil packed up about 16 months ago whilst riding, bike just cut out. Soon replaced and now runs well.
I’ve also fitted a K&N air filter, works well. Other than that I do all the basic service and belt change myself, every two years have brake fluid and coolant changed. It’s the longest I’ve owned a bike and I’ve been riding 33 years. I love the Burgman. I’ve never been a speed freak, I learned to ride later in life, I was 30, only really fast bike I owned was a CBR 600f that was enough for me. Most powerful bike was an R1200RT, that was great for trips through France. Overall though, for a plodder like me who likes to view the scenery and have plenty of luggage space without hefty panniers The Burger is best. :D Hope this helps.
I

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Hi yes 68 plate, we have two low fuel warnings, usuall fill at the first one, just curious how far i can go before 2nd warning comes on, 15 miles so far.
Still under warranty so service at dealer, will do my own after, bought the Suzuki workshop manual, £60!
We had the sh300 prior to the burgman but it didn't like being two up all the time, new belt at 4000 miles!, burg seems more solid and nice to have the extra torque, for us old fart plodders! Intend to keep it, we don't own a car so does get abused in shopping trolley mode and we have been camping on it couple of times, you should have a look at burgman riders uk on facebook

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Mine was a 2010 model, running in it was doing low 70's mpg but when sold at 18000 + miles it often got over 80 mpg
even though it was being ridden much faster, when the run out they don't give any notice, one hiccup
and cut dead if your lucky.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Stibbs
Benefactor

Post by Stibbs »

Snail wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 am Still under warranty so service at dealer, will do my own after, bought the Suzuki workshop manual, £60!
Yes they’re easy to service ŷourself. Just Tupperware can be a problem. Best to service in a warm environment as plastic doesn’t like cold and, as you know, there’s a lot of it. Just take you time. Good luck :D