Exhaust

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Westonadam
Current Ride: 2008 400AN

Exhaust

Post by Westonadam »

Looking to replace the exhaust on my 2008 400AN with an aftermarket one, it is blowing slightly, what do you do about the oxygen sensor as all the ones I have seen don't have anywhere to connect it, any recommendations on exhausts you have fitted would be great, many thanks

Adam

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: Exhaust

Post by Rocketman122 »

I think you will have a very nice weight reduction.

is the inside all crumbly and rattling? mine towards the end of it has tons of bits that are loose. probably broken pieces of catalytic converter. I plan on opening it and getting it sorted. possibly to add some cotton candy silencing material. it may affect the flow and maybe will mess with the oem system. mapping etc.

I have no experience on an aftermarket one. just remember seeing someone weight the oem and it weight 20+ pounds and the aftermarket was less than half

Old scooterist
Current Ride: Suzuki An400X

Post by Old scooterist »

It is amazing the OEM silencer is so bloody heavy but rusts to bits and falls apart inside, I am on my third, I welded a later one onto my 1999 pipe.

Seriously thinking of going after market, the oval one with twin tail pipes and fitting with a up sweep.

I already fitted a stainless steel exhaust manifold and stainless steel allen bolts, great improvement.
Plastic scooters are rubbish, including mine. Lambretta SX200 was the ultimate. never bettered.

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

You will certainly get a huge weight reduction when the catalyst is removed. I lost many kilos on my SilverWing when I changed the stock exhaust for a Leo Vince one but it did still allow the oxygen sensor to be used .

Old scooterist
Current Ride: Suzuki An400X

Post by Old scooterist »

I don't think the 1999 AN400X had a cat', it certainly doesn't have a sensor. Just falls apart inside.
Plastic scooters are rubbish, including mine. Lambretta SX200 was the ultimate. never bettered.