Burgman VIn

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Jugdog
Current Ride: 2018 Burgman 400

Burgman VIn

Post by Jugdog »

Hi.
I wonder if anybody can help me identify year of manufacture and model of my Burgman 400 as need to buy the correct workshop manual fir it. The VIN is: JS1CG114100103181 and the engine number is E4*2002/24*1051*03.
It was first registered on August 1st 2018 in Ireland, but does not appear to be a 2018 model. The rider's handbook that came with the bike is printed in German. I have tried inputting the VIN on various sites and have got some crazy results.Any help would be appreciated.
Noel

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Re: Burgman VIn

Post by Stibbs »

Ring Suzuki dealer?

Jugdog
Current Ride: 2018 Burgman 400

Re:Burgman VIN.

Post by Jugdog »

I contacted Suzuki importer and had no reply. I believe it is a German Import to Ireland. Registered August 2018, but not the 2018 model. Tried several VIN decoders and got results such as 125cc, 2 stroke, 1200 cc and lots more nonsense.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Burgman VIn

Post by Data »

Jugdog wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:13 pm Hi.
I wonder if anybody can help me identify year of manufacture and model of my Burgman 400 as need to buy the correct workshop manual fir it. The VIN is: JS1CG114100103181 and the engine number is E4*2002/24*1051*03.
It was first registered on August 1st 2018 in Ireland, but does not appear to be a 2018 model. The rider's handbook that came with the bike is printed in German. I have tried inputting the VIN on various sites and have got some crazy results.Any help would be appreciated.
Noel
Unless you are buying the factory ws manual you tend to find workshop manuals cover a particular range of years for any given model. You won't really need too much information about your bike to get the right manual. It's the newer 400 that came in from...whenever. Just look for the book for that model. Detail changes that came in may not be covered for some while anyway and these often are concerning stuff not covered in the manuals anyway such as cosmetics. Engine updates are few usually and often not that important when it comes to rebuilding a motor. I did the factory course for all the Burgmans except this latest model. Trust me, there usually are no noteworthy changes to worry about but your dealer can be your guide on this. The fact it's a German import is something to consider. If you are really bothered, why not contact the German importer of Suzuki. Hit them with your VIN.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...