Help!

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Help!

Post by poldark »

loonymoon wrote:That seems to be a very common occurence on the Big Burger!! I've heard of it happening to a few people!
And to some of them more than once! :lol:
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

MarcG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive

Post by MarcG »

Just for information and a warning to stay away.

This was my email to Metropolis Motorcycles in Vauxhall after having a conversation about the part required (he suggested I send the email):
Hi Mick,
As discussed on the phone, I have broken the fuel lid hinge on my 2010 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive.
I attach a picture of the part that’s broken (red circle shows the bit I broke off) so could you please confirm by return if you could get this in stock by next Wednesday 17th August latest.

I'm sure the parts I require are:
Fuel Lid Hinge
Lid Spring

Regards and I appreciate any help you can offer,
Marc G
Now after providing all the above information, including a picture of said broken part, this was his reply (IN CAPS) five hours later;
WOULD BE NICE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME THE EXACT MODEL / CHASSIS NUMBER / COLOUR IF NEEDED?

WTF . . . . So with my dander up, this was my retort;
Hello again Mick,

Obviously you've not put a lot of thought into your reply nor read my email correctly!

As stated in the subject line AND within the body of my email to you, its a "2010 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive".

Its the hinge that's required and its not colour specific BUT if you look at the picture that was attached to my original email, the bike is clearly Grey (for future information, Suzuki only do the Executives in Black and Grey!).

The Chassis number is not required for this part as Suzuki themselves didn't require it when I rang them for a part number, which is 47382-10G10 for any future customers you have neither the time nor the inclination to assist. Its a terrible shame that the simplest of requests cannot be carried out, as I deem customer service paramount in service industries!

I appreciate the time, of what little you utilised for you replying to my mail, of which a copy will be going to your head office!

Regards,

Marc G
T-W-A-T! :evil:
I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally!

steve
Current Ride: Burgman 650 Executive

Post by steve »

poldark wrote:
loonymoon wrote:That seems to be a very common occurence on the Big Burger!! I've heard of it happening to a few people!
And to some of them more than once! :lol:
Martyn

I take it you mean JJ,i thought of him as well the clumsy great oaf :lol: ,i think he is on his third one now.I am unsure where he gets his replacements from,he proberly buys them by the dozen :D does he visit here?

Steve
Steve
Abbots Langley, Herts
2011(11) Suzuki AN650 L1 Burgman Executive
2011(11) Suzuki AN400 LO Burgman Grey

MarcG
Benefactor

Post by MarcG »

I've ordered two.... To be sure, to be sure!

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Unfortunately the email from the dealer doesn't surprise me......
SEAT MO

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Post by nexusmaximus »

MarcG wrote:Just for information and a warning to stay away.

This was my email to Metropolis Motorcycles in Vauxhall after having a conversation about the part required (he suggested I send the email):
Hi Mick,
As discussed on the phone, I have broken the fuel lid hinge on my 2010 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive.
I attach a picture of the part that’s broken (red circle shows the bit I broke off) so could you please confirm by return if you could get this in stock by next Wednesday 17th August latest.

I'm sure the parts I require are:
Fuel Lid Hinge
Lid Spring

Regards and I appreciate any help you can offer,
Marc G
Now after providing all the above information, including a picture of said broken part, this was his reply (IN CAPS) five hours later;
WOULD BE NICE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME THE EXACT MODEL / CHASSIS NUMBER / COLOUR IF NEEDED?

WTF . . . . So with my dander up, this was my retort;
Hello again Mick,

Obviously you've not put a lot of thought into your reply nor read my email correctly!

As stated in the subject line AND within the body of my email to you, its a "2010 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive".

Its the hinge that's required and its not colour specific BUT if you look at the picture that was attached to my original email, the bike is clearly Grey (for future information, Suzuki only do the Executives in Black and Grey!).

The Chassis number is not required for this part as Suzuki themselves didn't require it when I rang them for a part number, which is 47382-10G10 for any future customers you have neither the time nor the inclination to assist. Its a terrible shame that the simplest of requests cannot be carried out, as I deem customer service paramount in service industries!

I appreciate the time, of what little you utilised for you replying to my mail, of which a copy will be going to your head office!

Regards,

Marc G
T-W-A-T! :evil:

Perhaps you could have also asked him if he'd like you to wipe his arse for him as well, next time? I've heard of bad service from this lot before, but since when should you be supplying a dealer with the part number, there's not much else left for them to do, and they would have all of the details and manuals to find the required part numbers anyway, unbelievable!!! :shock:
Image Image Image

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I wouldn't go any where near them. We had a muppet meet around the back many years ago...
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MarcG
Benefactor

Post by MarcG »

mottza wrote:We had a muppet meet around the back many years ago...
As do many Gay men that frequent the area too!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

icon_buttlick.gif
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

nexusmaximus
Benefactor
Current Ride: nexus 500-fuoco-burger 650

Post by nexusmaximus »