Needing a new exhaust.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Kayos
Current Ride: Burgman 125

Needing a new exhaust.

Post by Kayos »

So as the title states i'm in need of a new exhaust. Basically the pipe at the start of the box/silencer has snapped a bit somehow and in result exhaust fumes are pouring out whenever i'm riding, sure i shouldn't be riding the thing in that state though i need to get to and from work & college. As of yet since welding the thing about two weeks ago i thought i wasn't in any need of a new exhaust BUT i noticed that there was a hole somewhere in the weld which i couldn't see and that kinda re-opened the hole again...I put some gum gum on it but that was no use as it only fell off so, i was wondering if anyone here knows of any sites which sell cheap exhausts? I could go straight to the dealer though i wouldn't risk it because the price maybe a bit too high.
You can never silence the voice of the silent.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Needing a new exhaust.

Post by mottza »

Done any googling or ebaying?

I got the exhaust off the Leo on eBay for the 1/3 of what it was supposed to cost.

Also I wouldn't ride around like that, you'll get pulled.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Kayos

Post by Kayos »

mottza wrote:Done any googling or ebaying?

I got the exhaust off the Leo on eBay for the 1/3 of what it was supposed to cost.

Also I wouldn't ride around like that, you'll get pulled.
I know though that's the only form of transport i have and i cannot go to work without it. But yes i've been looking on Google and Ebay, seen some around £160 though i just wondered if anyone here knew of any site or place that sell them cheaper :P

EDIT: Took a look at that website, found an exhaust there for an AN125 for under £135 but doesn't look as if it would fit mine.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Keep looking Kayos..

Any chance it can be welded, keep you on the road while you look for another exhaust?

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

Kayos, the plod won't take that as a excuse, you seem to like eduacting others the rules of the road, but you seem to be flouting it.

Clives suggestion is sensible. But even for now get a exhausts bandage (about a fiver in the shop) for a temp fix.

But £150ish is the price for a exhaust these days for a scoot. The Leo was £180, the X9 250 is about the same. The 125 leader is about that too.

Have u tried emailing or calling the place that does the £135 one?

Kayos

Post by Kayos »

Yeah i've emailed them but as of yet got no reply. I took the exhaust back off over the weekend to re-weld it and also got a bandage for the thing just in case it happens again, got myself a new exhaust now so i will put it on now before i go to work.
Also, in regards to the law? Sure i do advise/tell folk to follow it and also complain allot but that doesn't mean that i don't follow it myself and there are some that do take the odd risk though whether they want to get caught and fined or not is up to them.

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

Just saying you're keen to lay down the law, but not follow it yourself. But I see you had got it re-welded and had a bandage handy as a temp fix.

Glad to see you have a new one as well, what was the cost of that one?

Kayos

Post by Kayos »

It didn't cost me much, cost about £160 and i've fitted it now so all is going good again. What beats me is how the thing snapped in the first place...

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

Vibration normally and potholes in the road.