Riding our Scooters Again?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Riding our Scooters Again?

Post by Stephen »

Dave Weller wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:32 am It's important to ride carefully when we go out as some road users will be very rusty.
Is Matron still letting you out to play or do you have to sneak under the fence :D don’t forget to take a carer with you :lol:

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:04 am Frankly, I couldn't give a f*** about stupid rules any more....... And anyway, is that an actual law, or 'guidance' or some BS cooked up by some local hack??
nor could i,i have seen some stupid things since last year,people smoking[thats there choice] smoking threw a hole in there mask.??? flicking there end of fags,then putting very old dirty mask on,then breathing out fag smoke,people smoking in cars driver or passenger,windows up,when other people wearing masks,why,??? i dont smoke going into the bank,me wearing mask got to counter,the person behind said i dont need to wear mask becouse the screen [which has been there long time] is there.bank/building socity only letting in 2 [now 4] people at one time,when the post office straight in,i could go on.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:04 am Frankly, I couldn't give a f*** about stupid rules any more....... And anyway, is that an actual law, or 'guidance' or some BS cooked up by some local hack??
Guidance or Rules - it makes no difference.

The 'Frankly, I couldn't give a f*** about stupid rules any more....' attitude is probably why things are still as bad as they are.

It's certainly not BS dreamed up by some local hack but information passed on so it's easily available for the masses.

You go your way and I'll go mine in the hope our paths don't cross.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

If it was guidance the police couldn’t enforce fines. It’s the law. We should all obey it and be responsible. Too many health workers have died in order to protect us so it should not be taken lightly.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Rather selfish view, but thankful it's one in the minority. As others say I hope our paths don't cross.

No doubt you get your facts from a expert on Facebook!

It's hard for all, but we've got to stick together so we can get our freedom back.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Stephen wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:04 am
Dave Weller wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:32 am It's important to ride carefully when we go out as some road users will be very rusty.
Is Matron still letting you out to play or do you have to sneak under the fence :D don’t forget to take a carer with you :lol:

Steve
Dave, I remember last May when I hadn't driven or ridden since March 23rd.

My C90 was like a rocket ship, and the level of driving skills generally seemed to have gone seriously downhill. :shock:

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

mottza wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:49 am
Rather selfish view, but thankful it's one in the minority. As others say I hope our paths don't cross.

No doubt you get your facts from a expert on Facebook!

It's hard for all, but we've got to stick together so we can get our freedom back.
Hear hear and well said Chris! Follow the rules. Too many folks haven't and still don't and it's probably had a significant affect on what's been happening around the country.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

To be clear - I am following the rules. However, I'm utterly sick of stupid rules that half the time seem to have little to do with actually controlling the virus. I'm sick and tired of having my freedoms curtailed. I'm fed up with incompetent politicians who experts who know an awful lot less than they claim. I'm sick and tired of self important news drones who think they can judge others and of all the other sanctimonious busybodies who seem to think its fine now to pass judgement on any aspect of other people's lives. I'm also tired of being told that I must abandon my views so that we can have 'unity'.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Grumpy, I think we are all sick of 'lock down' so you are not unique in that. But that's no reason to be a twat! Glad to hear you are following the rules, and yes, it takes some doing! Remember, this is about protecting each other and not just ourselves. Keep remembering that one thing and you will get through this unscathed. To date I've lost 4 of my extended family due to twats. I'll tell you about it sometime. It's not a pretty story but one that started with someone not following the rules (laws) of lock down.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

Stibbs wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:44 am If it was guidance the police couldn’t enforce fines. It’s the law. We should all obey it and be responsible. Too many health workers have died in order to protect us so it should not be taken lightly.
I dont think a single fine has been enforced in court.

The CPS wont take any cases to court in the event of non-payment of a fine as they fear they cannot be enforced in court.

But anyway, I have never agreed with the lockdowns personally, there is no evidence they work and even the World Health Organisation dont recommend lockdowns and imo the harm caused by lockdowns is more than that of the virus.

The government imo should have focused on protecting people who want to be protected. It would have been cheaper as well :)