Tyre's for the SH300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bobs

Re: Tyre's for the SH300

Post by Bobs »

Turning up late to the party... again. Sounds like your mechanic knows what he is talking about, I had a BMW F650 in Turkey that the tyres had gone solid, great for a dramatic exit at the lights fishtailing away off until the road, less good at the first corner.

180 Euros doesn't so too offensive, you've got to make allowances for living on a sunny dot in the Med. The Pirelli Diablo Scooter tyres were an off shoot from the CBR900RR which came with a 16 inch front wheel, so atleaat you can be sure they've got pedigree.

I've got family in Selima so spend as much time as i can over there. Lovely part of the world, though we are not doing too badly in South of England at the moment, spent the afternoon sat on the beach at the witterings watching my daughter eat sand.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

You need black ones Terry with white walled sides.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

SassySarah
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by SassySarah »

Hi everyone, sorry to crash this thread. I'm looking for good tyres for my SH300 and this thread was at the top in google. I am going to be riding the bike from the UK to our second home in Avignon France later this year (and leaving it there!) A bit of an adventure! I'm looking for a tyre that grips well on hot and slippy roads, not bothered about wet weather as the roads are just as slippery! I found a good guide (https://twotyres.co.uk/honda-sh300i-tyre-guide/) but I'm not sure about the Bridgestones and Michelins they recommend. Does anyone have any experience of them?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I can't remember what my old SH300 had - its more than a couple of years ago. Basically these days, you can't go too far wrong with a major brand. Regarding those recommendations, I liked B.stone Hoops on several small scoots (great in the wet), whilst Michelin City Grips divide opinion. Many people absolutely love them, but some people don't, including me. The main problem for me was the lack of feel in the wet (actual grip was probably fine, but without feel I struggled). If you are going to hot places, then this may not be a problem! Another good brand is Metzeler, if they do the right sizes.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

My new SH350 has Metzler Feelfrees fitted from the factory. FYI, I don't anything about them :P

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I've had feel free few times have been fine .Basically owned by
Pirelli all made in Brazil I think .

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Just checked one I ordered for the tmax was a feel free £82.50 which is cheap for a tmax rear they are big mothers .