New Xmax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: New Xmax 300

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Ralph wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:04 am Just read it again, I think it's just the reflector.
I think so too Ralph. If it is just the mudguard reflector, what a ludicrous recall. Smells of EU diktats and the concomitant waste of resources.
No wonder this world is f**ked! Population growth doesn't help much either. :?

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Not knowing what EU diktats smell like, I'm going to check the recall notice again - maybe it'll remind me of triple cooked chips with mayonnaise. Or maybe a chocolate covered warm waffle?

I miss the Gravy Train, sorry Eurostar...
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Perhaps just 'a whiff of' stephen, but waffle and Belgian chocolate sauce would be most welcome. :D

RobiXmax
Current Ride: Yamaha XMax 300

Re: Xmax 300 Racing

Post by RobiXmax »

Ralph wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:17 am
Thanks Ralph, loved this. Does anyone know what mods are allowed for this series - would be interested to know how "stock" the bikes are.

RobiXmax

Post by RobiXmax »

Ralph wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:53 am Just had a recall notice for the 2018 X-max 300, for of all things new rear light lenses,
they don't it seems meet reflectivity specs.
Yep, got my letter on Saturday. As said elsewhere, the recall is for the wrong part......With the nights fast drawing in, thoughts are turning again to the non-illuminating main beam on my winter commutes. :(

Wombat
Current Ride: X Max 300

Post by Wombat »

Yes I got a text from Yamaha Motor Australia today saying the same thing about the 'Reflector Assembly'. Why they bother down here I do not know, we have far more risk of hitting a kangaroo on our roads at night than being rear ended by a following vehicle.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Wombat wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:17 am Yes I got a text from Yamaha Motor Australia today saying the same thing about the 'Reflector Assembly'. Why they bother down here I do not know, we have far more risk of hitting a kangaroo on our roads at night than being rear ended by a following vehicle.
:o

Around my way it's deer, which are big but only really a problem at their normal crossing points so you can get ready as you approach. Unfortunately it's at dusk when they are most active and with the Xmax headlights, that's not so great.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

RobiXmax

Post by RobiXmax »

So, the clocks have gone back and those of us using the XMax for commuting are now leaving in the pitch dark. Time to start planning my routes home, to avoid certain roads I don't think twice about when it's light. Taking a sharp left on an unlight wet lane the other day, the lights completely lost the line of the road on the nearside. I wonder if that's acceptable for a 5k sports scoot? Anyhow, without having to go back through the numerous posts on the infamous Xmax lighitng, has anyone discoverd an aftermarket fix or know if Yamaha has any options? I would talk to the dealear again but they close on Thursday and last time were not that interested.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

The lights on mine were adjusted very low from new adjusting them up helped but still think they are low .
They don’t blind anyone as they are now and I can travel at 60 on our unlit roads but have had better lights.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

RobiXmax

Post by RobiXmax »

A bit of a random question but do any Xmax owners out there have the official Yamaha bar mitts? And if so, do they make much difference? I ride year round and keep toying with heated grips but don't like the look of Oxfords and the factory ones are not cheap. Especially as I am not sure how long I'll keep the bike.