Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Post by marval »

New Lexmoto Pegasus 300 maxi £3199, looks OK 26.1 hp 125kph 15" front 14" rear wheel. 2 Yr warranty, anybody brave enough???

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Post by mottza »

125 km/h is a bit poor.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

That's hellish cheap! Especially considering that Honda, Yamaha even Sym want to charge you well over £4.5k for a 125! 125kph (78mph) is a little lower than you might expect.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Actually looks suspiciously like a Wottan Storm 300 S to me, same specs etc. few vids on you tube.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Would I buy one? Depends on whether there's a dealer handy, and whether there are spares available.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

For 3200 can get decent lowish mile burger 400 not new of course .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Just idly searching the web and looked at the Lexmoto site - they seem to actually have an extensive dealer network with over 100 dealers across the country. Now, how come a relatively new brand selling unknown Chinese built bikes/scoots can do this, whilst the importers of Kymco, an established quality brand, can't manage to arrange a dealer network anything like this????

I've even got a Lexmoto dealer in my town!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

a friend had a lexmoto 125 (bike) for commuting about 3 years ago, all I can say is I hope the build quality has improved.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

mottza wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:49 pm 125 km/h is a bit poor.
It's 8 mph above the NSL in the UK. It comes down to what you deem is "enough."

I don't have a problem riding my C90 on motorways, whereas some folks think a 300 scooter isn't up to tackling dual carriageways, and MCN deride a 100 bhp Honda as being a bit weedy for touring or 2 up riding. ;)
MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:48 pm Would I buy one? Depends on whether there's a dealer handy, and whether there are spares available.
Ditto. There is a dealer handy to me. I'm not 100% sold on them myself, yet but I've had very little actual contact so far.

Spares, I have no doubt, will be available. One thing that the vast majority of Chinese bikes have is a vast spares network. You only have to look at the extent of the models covered, and spares provided for by the CMPO site to see that. Perhaps a major factor is because of their generic nature (most scooters are based on the GY6 for example.
marval wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:25 pm Actually looks suspiciously like a Wottan Storm 300 S to me, same specs etc. few vids on you tube.
There's probably a good reason for that ... ;)
horobags wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:36 am a friend had a lexmoto 125 (bike) for commuting about 3 years ago, all I can say is I hope the build quality has improved.
Lexmoto do not build motorcycles.

What they do is select bikes made by a variety of different manufacturers, road test representative examples, and if they approve they add them to their range wearing a Lexmoto badge. Pretty much the same way Sinnis operate, too.

Sometimes their decision is better than other times. That's why you'll find Lexmoto models that aren't so good nor durable. And you will also find ones like the 10 year old Lexmoto Gladiators still knocking about in my neck o' the woods.

Personally, I'll reserve judgement on this one until I've seen it with my own eyes, sat on it, found out what accessories are available, and asked if I can blag a test ride (which I will admit is doubtful but if you don't ask...)

8-)
Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:55 pm For 3200 can get decent lowish mile burger 400 not new of course .
There always will be something else you can buy for the same price. That applies to anything and everything.
MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:01 pm Just idly searching the web and looked at the Lexmoto site - they seem to actually have an extensive dealer network with over 100 dealers across the country. Now, how come a relatively new brand selling unknown Chinese built bikes/scoots can do this, whilst the importers of Kymco, an established quality brand, can't manage to arrange a dealer network anything like this????

I've even got a Lexmoto dealer in my town!
Lexmoto have probably been around a lot longer than you realise. That doesn't diminish the validity of your point, though.