Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Post by capitano »

muddyfox wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:48 am
MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:28 am Veering off topic, but I read Visordown today that there might be a new Benelli Touring bike - Pan European/BMW RT style with a 1200cc Triple. These days Benelli is entirely Chinese owned and all the bikes are Chinese built (though the engine would apparently be based on the old Benelli sportsbike). So I feel that we are going to see more and more Chinese bikes & scoots around, in all categories.
And all the criticisms that are made of Chinese bikes are exactly the same as those made of early Japanese bikes!
Only hope the Benelli doesn't include authentic Italian electric system. :D
My mate Steve (Bill Dog) runs a Benelli alongside his Kymco AK550. It is thankfully devoid of 1970s Ducati-esque electrics. :lol:

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

I did just under 3000 miles on the fmx, was totally trouble free I have to say. Had a couple of services with Speedway to keep the warranty valid, it was only 12 months then. I just had a hip replacement and wasn't confident on any thing bigger, it served me well.
I agree about spicy but I quite like his style and I think you can extract some useful info now and again.
Not too long ago I fancied a cheap retro, so bought a MASH black 7 125. That caused me some grief though.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

marval wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:03 pm I did just under 3000 miles on the fmx, was totally trouble free I have to say. Had a couple of services with Speedway to keep the warranty valid, it was only 12 months then. I just had a hip replacement and wasn't confident on any thing bigger, it served me well.
I agree about spicy but I quite like his style and I think you can extract some useful info now and again.
Not too long ago I fancied a cheap retro, so bought a MASH black 7 125. That caused me some grief though.
My mate, Ade, who runs a breakers, has a high mileage FMX in at the moment. It's still running but according to him, "it looks like it's had a tour in Syria!"

A Facebook acquaintance has had issues with his Mash 400. Same old thing, there's good and bad around. The Mutts look nicely put together, though. 8-)

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

capitano wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:14 pm Jaz, where do you get this information from as it is incorrect again?
We were talking about this new maxi - the Pegasus? - were we not? So, no, it's not incorrect. All I could find for the dealers in Wakey was their Facebook which just had a picture of it, captioned 'wot about this' or some such.

capitano wrote:I expect that they already have, in other markets where it is sold under the Wottan brand. Several of the more mainstream Chinese bikes are getting good press for their longevity and ability now. A pair of Sinnis Terrain 125s just did the Mongol Rally recently for example.
Well, we can get an idea of what Lexmoto consider a real feat of endurance - straight from the horse's mouth:

Yep, that's right - as many as 16000! That's really 'going the distance' :lol:

You can buy one of these Pegasus things, but be prepared for it not to be worth a carrot when you try to chop it in against something else at three years old, or take the massive chance on keeping it and hoping it can achieve Lexmoto's own yardstick for great service of 16000 miles without grenading. Or you could buy a second hand Japanese machine; the Helix isn't everyone's cup of tea, but the newer of mine now has 74000 miles on the original engine and still rattling along happily. Similar 'feats' have also been achieved by Burgmans and SH300s etc. etc.
capitano wrote:A Facebook acquaintance has had issues with his Mash 400. Same old thing, there's good and bad around.
And that's why I'll most likely never buy another Chinese bike - it's too much like playing Russian roulette.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Jaz, as much as this is ramping up the posts on the forum, it's something we'll just have to disagree upon, or rather, "agree on some points, not on others."

Personally I'd buy one (a Pegasus) if it fitted me. The Lexmoto dealer near me has a great reputation, the scooter is proven in other markets (under anoher brand name) and I'd be maintaining it (or having it maintained) properly. Except I won't ... simply because I've already bought something that will essentially do the same job. ;) Making it rather a redundant point. 8-)

Anyway, here's a Lexmoto FMX I mentioned previously that has done well over Lexmoto's advertised 16000 miles. 3 times that amount as a delivery scooter so I'm told. As to whether its condition reflects my points or yours is up for debate :lol: . I have seen Honda delivery bikes in the same/worse condition after 40k+ in the hands of unsympathetic owners. ;)

Deleted User 4154

capitano wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:42 pm As to whether its condition reflects my points or yours is up for debate :lol: .

Well, I'll take the 'glass half full' view here and say hats off to it for not being dead! Fair do's, surviving the sort of abuse and neglect that only pizza delivery riders can provide - frequent crashes, bouncing up kerbs and never checking the oil etc. - isn't easy for any bike. Let's see a few more like that!

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I think I mentioned my sons Varadero honda v twin 125 he sold for £850 with over 40K on, absolutely solid and right engine and and still pulling like a ( small ) train and 85/90 MPG in our hilly lands.

And oddly pulled well 2 up too. Easy 80 one up on a dual job.

Still pretty good nick too overall and a new Hagon shock we put on.

A black beast for £850 notes sold in 2019, and the chap who bought it for his son went to town on it and wow it looked absolutely mint when he had finished.

Made in spain though, not Japan.

I expect it will easily do a further 10 years.

Deleted User 4154

XP500FUN wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:08 pm I think I mentioned my sons Varadero honda v twin 125 he sold for £850 with over 40K on, absolutely solid and right engine and and still pulling like a ( small ) train and 85/90 MPG in our hilly lands.

Made in spain though, not Japan.

I expect it will easily do a further 10 years.
That's one of the best modern learners you can buy, goes well, tough engines, huge for a 125; really good presence on the road. Not made in China either... ;)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Jaz wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:47 pm Well, I'll take the 'glass half full' view here and say hats off to it for not being dead! Fair do's, surviving the sort of abuse and neglect that only pizza delivery riders can provide - frequent crashes, bouncing up kerbs and never checking the oil etc. - isn't easy for any bike. Let's see a few more like that!
It seems to be the lower price end of the established name (I'm talking Lexmoto and Sinnis here pretty much) Chinese scooters that survive longest.

Stuff like the older Sinnis Matrix and Lexmoto Gladiator, plus their slightly updated successors, the Lexmoto FMS, FMX and Titan, and the Sinnis Shuttle and Matrix 2. That's my impartial observation, anyway.

Also, you must have left comments on the forum for at least 3 days in a row, Jaz. That has to be some sort of modern record, doesn't it? 8-)

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

My Bruv in law had a Varadero. Massive presence for a 125.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125