Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Lexmoto Pegasus 300 s1 s1

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:17 am Thanks. Hmmm that non-stainless exhaust would be a pain after a year or 2 of winter commuting!
It's also quite low on power (less than a lot of 250s a decade ago) and I guess the mpg isn't great, either. I like the funky hi-tech dash. Given the price, overall it does have an attraction.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Says 26 on website I think my sym citycom 300 is about same .In stock at Norman and Birch stoke it says .

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

69 plate cruisym 300 been snapped up at £3200 on ebay .

Shazzbot 1
Current Ride: Lexmoto Diablo 125cc

Post by Shazzbot 1 »

My local dealer like many is mainly a bike service and repair centre, this means they tend not to keep a lot in stock but they had my Diablo 125 in and registered in 24 hours and even let me take it for a test ride before fully committing to the purchase, the guys there have done all the services for me and have never had a big issue getting parts ( the only actual issue they ever had was being sent the wrong belt ). I've had my Diablo for a year now and its done near 6k miles without complaint country roads and dual carriage ways it has coped quite admirably with all of it. When I am able I will definitely be upgrading to the Pegasus, I have so far been given no reason whatsoever to doubt the quality and reliability of the bikes the servicing from the dealer or the ability to obtain spare parts

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Nice to hear some practical experience - we talk a lot about Chinese bikes/scoots but few of us have actually owned one! Only slight query is that Lexmoto sell vehicles made by a wide variety of Chinese manufacturers, so the Diablo might be entirely different to the Pegasus!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

From what I've seen of Lexmoto they seem pretty good. They have been around for at least 15 years in the UK from memory, maybe longer. The lads in my town seem to bash the hell out of their Lexmotos and the bikes don't complain. Build, fit and finish these days is in fact remarkably good. Like Sinnis they don't just pick a bike and re-badge it. In most cases now they are actually having them built to their own specification. They carry out quite considerable testing and development with the manufacturers to arrive at what they want for us, the British public. Seems to work ok too. At the moment it's hard to get most new Lexmoto bikes quickly as they can sell everyone they import 3 times over.

Some of you guys might like to watch 'Rev Bomb' on Youtube. He did a road test and full review of this scooter and was impressed even though he is not a scooter guy. He is Eclipse Motorcycles not far from Milton Keynes. He's a brilliant dealer (I know folks who have dealt with him) and he road tests every single Lexmoto that goes out the door before the customer takes delivery. He gives a detailed description of each bike with an on the road chat as he tests them. Apparently, they rarely get any issues with any of the bikes even straight out the crate. I was impressed myself with the Pegasus 300 and definitely would consider one. I have a Lexmoto dealer in my town just down the road.

Got to agree with Grumpy though, why can't Kymco get a good importer and get the dealer network right. Are Kymco still in full control of the import of the bikes after letting their import go? Kymco were not happy with the way things were going from what I understand and took control themselves.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:08 am why can't Kymco get a good importer and get the dealer network right. Are Kymco still in full control of the import of the bikes after letting their import go? Kymco were not happy with the way things were going from what I understand and took control themselves.
As far as I understand it, when Masco went bust, the people who deal in Kymco Mobility scooters took over!

Shazzbot 1
Current Ride: Lexmoto Diablo 125cc

Post by Shazzbot 1 »

From my experience with other riders and the guys that run one of my local riding schools all the various bikes have a pretty good track record, the school have 4 different manual 125s and 2 different twist and go 125s and they swear by all of them. I also have a mate that has kept his vixen even now he has a full licence just for dicking about on and to teach his kids on should they choose to learn. I think it really comes down to are you a responsible owner that has the bike serviced and properly maintained at regular intervals or are you just gonna try and ride it as is till it dies.

Is there room for improvement? Sure some parts could be better quality but they could also be much worse, my opinion is what you get for what you pay is bloody remarkable and I haven't regretted my decision to go Lexmoto even once so far

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Your Diablo is certainly a good scoot. I've seen them up close but not ridden one. I see one going around my town regularly though and it's a good looker. The whole point is that Chinese bikes are generally now very very good. Lexmoto is very much in the same vain as Sinnis, another good brand of Chinese bike. Glad you like yours.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

tallchris
Current Ride: BMW R1100 GS

Post by tallchris »

Hello everyone.

I have often owned unusual bikes from the cheaper range of the market. MZ were a big favourite in the 80's.

I am looking at the Lexmoto Pegasus 300. The build quality looks good. I really like the concept of the ECU giving you it's data. The size would fit me well (6 foot six) compared to the little Titan but fuel economy not so good at a reported 70mpg.

So has anyone here actually owned one is my question? If so I have a few more questions!