Front horn cover removal

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
terryvanman
Benefactor

Front horn cover removal

Post by terryvanman »

Hello everyone how are we all getting along with this flu business I woke up this morning with a blocked nose only to find that my wife had shoved her fingers up there to stop me snoring...
Anyway down to the serious stuff...I want to stay alive a little bit longer but it seams that the whole population of Malta is out to kill me,,so I want to fit a loud horn on my scooter, I have a mate who will do any wiring but for the life of me I dont know how to remove the horn casing...I dont want to break the plastic as parts are hard to come by here in Malta and expensive.
Can anyone point me to a You tube video that I can watch, I've looked but just get walk around or how to replace an engine part or belt...The scooter a Honda SH 300 2011 is the one I've had from new for the last 9 years and is in mint condition with just over 4000 miles on the clock.

thanks
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Front horn cover removal

Post by SH125Paul »

have a look on fowlers parts for your make and model...
Some excelent exploded diagrams to go with the parts list may show how the panels go together - screws and rivits, plastic tabs and joins etc...
Something like this..
https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/55 ... ront-cover
Any Good?

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

have a look also at this Terry, page 113, newer model but similar.
http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_ ... B12_LT.pdf
We hope you both are keeping well and enjoying the nice weather :)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

terryvanman wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:51 am I want to stay alive a little bit longer but it seams that the whole population of Malta is out to kill me,,
I have to ask - is it specifically you they want to kill? Or are they just general homicidal maniacs? :lol: It seems like your wife may be wanting to be rid of you as well!

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

Yes just about everyone is crazy when they are in their cars when they are out they are the nicest people on the planet...My wife wont want me dead...well not just yet as she'll have no one to talk to ,, as soon as the virus things over..I'll start to worry.

I've sorted out the front panel thing big thanks to all,,especially horobags who pointed out that I had a owners manual when I bought the scooter...I've never looked at it before it's very interesting
Dear God,

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Do you need to remove it? The new horn may have to be sited somewhere else, near the radiator and the wires rerouted to it. Has the wireman done a reccey.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I've sorted out the front panel thing big thanks to all,,especially horobags who pointed out that I had a owners manual when I bought the scooter...I've never looked at it before it's very interesting
[/quote]

:lol: , nice one Terry, with the Maltese climate, I suppose an external klaxon type horn would be a nice talking point, and effective. ;)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stebel-Nauti ... SwfCRdzWD9
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:48 am I have to ask - is it specifically you they want to kill?
Anyone who has met Terry would never need to ask that question! :lol: :lol: :lol:

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

Dave Weller wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:56 pm Do you need to remove it? The new horn may have to be sited somewhere else, near the radiator and the wires rerouted to it. Has the wireman done a reccey.
Not yet Dave I still have to order a new louder horn off e-bay..Amazon or somewhere but as you say it might have to be fitted somewhere else on the scoot.
Dear God,

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

horobags wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:30 am I've sorted out the front panel thing big thanks to all,,especially horobags who pointed out that I had a owners manual when I bought the scooter...I've never looked at it before it's very interesting
:lol: , nice one Terry, with the Maltese climate, I suppose an external klaxon type horn would be a nice talking point, and effective. ;)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stebel-Nauti ... SwfCRdzWD9
[/quote]
Thats the one I was thinking about Mark should be loud enough...as for the weather I removed the windscreen yesterday as its getting a little hot now so need some cool airflow...the problems we suffer here in Malta. ha ha

We seem to be getting away with this virus lark, just 4 dead all over 80 years old, still sad for the family's RIP

I've been here just over 3 years now and still love the place but we are buying a place in Cyprus so I'll try to organize a Muppet meeting there some time next year or 2022
Dear God,