Just thinking...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
maxiscootnz
Benefactor
Current Ride: various

Re: Just thinking...

Post by maxiscootnz »

Awesome Jaz We are all trying to do exactly that. There is good and bad from all of this. There is winners and there will be losers. We on this forum are the winners we still voice our opinion. A lot of us still have some conscious thought as it has not been totally bashed out of us through the fake news or by total fear of it or both. ........

HOWEVER WE ALL NEED TO START RIDING OUR FARKIN RIDES. Mental health will be reinstated. From all accounts Last week i lost my space in the line. Not good when you are taken down. It is up to the reader to sensor the content not the media to tell us what we can see . Further more it must be true :twisted: :evil:
Honda fc50 beat, dragster180, spacey250, cn250 Helix , C1(192) k100rs, r1100s

maxiscootnz
Benefactor

Post by maxiscootnz »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:36 pm Its days are numbered I think .Video killed the Radio star .What's App and facebook killed the forums .
WE ARE NOT DEAD :kiss:

maxiscootnz
Benefactor

Post by maxiscootnz »

So you ponder a flightless bird from downunder a fuckin Kiwi into fear.
A couple of us died?
Thats very sad.
Not really
The only kiwi that has died is from the zoo keeper that was to scared to turn up to work.
Be Srong

maxiscootnz
Benefactor

Post by maxiscootnz »

go to bed

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

maxiscootnz wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:05 am
HOWEVER WE ALL NEED TO START RIDING OUR FARKIN RIDES. Mental health will be reinstated.
I never stopped! As it was entirely legal to ride/drive for shopping or for exercise. As for my mental health....that's a matter for others to judge!!!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:36 pm Its days are numbered I think .Video killed the Radio star .What's App and facebook killed the forums .
Social media expansion from 2006 onwards (Myspace - Facebook - etc) certainly killed off a lot of forums.

Certain forums have bucked the trend, though. C90club and pedelecs are two with a similar intent to MM that spring to mind. Both are relevant, both are thriving.

Maxi Muppets didn't start up until 2006, and maxi scooters always have been a minority sub section of motorcycling. Given those disadvantages, plus the need to migrate the forum to a different platform early in its life, it shouldn't really have grown, and it should have nosedived into obscurity by now.

But it hasn't, for various reasons. One of which is an active and capable (human) host. Another is an interested and tolerant membership. Yet another is offering a different social media experience to that of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter et al.

Maxi Muppets is a bit like Jaz's Helix. Still soldiering on, still relevant, despite being an obsolete format and overshadowed by later and more popular models.

8-)

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I've been doing 11-12 hours a day working from home trying to get flour on the shelves to feed the nation. I am just exhausted mentally each day and all I can muster is FB and looking at funny posts and reposting them with the occasional comment here or there. It's getting better now... look out for 16kg bags of Allinson Mix & Bake plain, self raising and bread flour in your local Tesco super market if you are or know of someone who is baking a lot!
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

The good old days..
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Funkycowie wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:00 am I've been doing 11-12 hours a day working from home trying to get flour on the shelves to feed the nation. I am just exhausted mentally each day and all I can muster is FB and looking at funny posts and reposting them with the occasional comment here or there. It's getting better now... look out for 16kg bags of Allinson Mix & Bake plain, self raising and bread flour in your local Tesco super market if you are or know of someone who is baking a lot!
I've got enough flour - its yeast that's impossible to find! So if you could supply some for my local Tesco, I'd be very grateful (though I guess it'd be sold out in 10 minutes flat)....

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Yeast is manufactured and packed in Italy, they are running flat out try to keep up with demand, just like the mills are in the UK. For a time like Christmas we do stock builds in the several weeks leading up to it to prepare and ensure supply is maintained, now imagine Christmas happening by surprise and lasting 8+ weeks, no chance of preparation and no chance of building stock.

This is the same reason why PPE runs out and normal folk just don't understand how we get to the position we are in.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...