Just thinking...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: Just thinking...

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Yahoo maxi scooter group was first I went on in 2002 when had first Burgman from new then Ginger Phil came on poaching people for new web site .I've never had a new scooter since was coming close this year 65 in June got money in place wife put a stop to that . Apparently because she didn't want to celebrate turning 65 I shouldn't either by treating my self .:lol: :lol:

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:13 am Yahoo maxi scooter group was first I went on in 2002 when had first Burgman from new then Ginger Phil came on poaching people for new web site
JohnP "recruited," me from a forum called "Maxi Scooter Riders Club," a version of which is still online (but unused.) Sadly that died when it had to migrate to a new platform, but Muppets was well established then.

Phil had been quite prolific in setting up several forums before. I joined the Peugeot scooters one later, in 2011 when we picked up our little Ludix, only to find that Phil had set it up in around 2004. :)

https://maxi-scooters-club.forumotion.net/

mottza wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:48 am The good old days..
I always look at that photo and think that it was last year. It was 2008 if I remember correctly. :shock:

We were all full of pie and mash! I still wear those jeans on the bike. the waist is a couple of inches too big now, though. 8-)

Data wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 pm You know...this is such a great forum!
Nothing more needs to be said. Thanks for reminding us. 8-)

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Cant beat bit of Pug shite lol
I found myself looking at Satelis 500 on ebay if it had the hinged luggage rack be better guessing they are mega bucks to buy .I don't think it had ABS either .

Another problem is wife objecting and is it worth the hassle .

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I was gonna comment about this great forum much earlier in the thread, but I fell asleep on the sofa, and subsequently forgot about the thread on waking up :)
Perhaps FB or Twatter will kill off forums in the future but I'm not sure - I don't have a crystall ball. I don't use the former platforms at all and made a decision years ago well 2008 actually not to get involved. I'm so glad that I haven't joined as I don't know what I'm missing anyway and I hope it stays this way, but I certainly don't need the 24hr intrusion of FB and Twitter or any other platform, hounding me to look at my phone.
What I love about this platform, is that I choose when during the day I click - and it's generally daily- more importantly, I don't see too many spats here but I did join later, I see plenty of friendliness and a ton of help and advice.

Bty, I'm guessing you're a miller or baker Funkie? And nope, my bread machine has lain barron and bereft of strong flour since mid March :cry:

For anyone interested in electric transport - I love my e-bike - I've recently discovered another FORUM, populated by people gone 40-50. It's called electricunicycle. Check these amazing e-unicycles out!

Tim

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:51 am Cant beat bit of Pug shite lol
You definitely can!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

I notice some of you keep commenting on, and about something called 'work' and "working from home etc". What the hell is that? I just don't remember what that is! In ordinary times I wake up, have breakfast, decide what I'm going to do for the day, then go back to sleep! I may decide to get fit by watching some sport or something, but that's strenuous! Love this retirement thing...Lol.

Seriously, me and Mrs data are doing ok but we feel for anyone having to worry about their jobs, or working in difficult conditions, where the next lot of money is coming from etc.

Funky, thanks for getting the flour situation sorted. Mrs data has been complaining that she can't bake anymore stuff. Hats off to you.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Data wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:38 am I notice some of you keep commenting on, and about something called 'work' and "working from home etc". What the hell is that? I just don't remember what that is! In ordinary times I wake up, have breakfast, decide what I'm going to do for the day, then go back to sleep! I may decide to get fit by watching some sport or something, but that's strenuous! Love this retirement thing...Lol.

Seriously, me and Mrs data are doing ok but we feel for anyone having to worry about their jobs, or working in difficult conditions, where the next lot of money is coming from etc.

Funky, thanks for getting the flour situation sorted. Mrs data has been complaining that she can't bake anymore stuff. Hats off to you.
Retired early 6 years ago so had plenty of training for this lockdown. In fact now golf is playable again the only thing missing from my life is a glass of beer in the club house after.
My brother in law is two years away from retirement and prior to him being furloughed always stated he dreaded the idea of retirement and was just about to enter enquiries with his employer to remain in work after he reached 66. He is now making enquires about retiring early !
A sentiment echo by several employed golfing friends now they have discovered the joys of weekday golfing instead of weekday working.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

muddyfox wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:27 am A sentiment echo by several employed golfing friends now they have discovered the joys of weekday golfing instead of weekday working.
I'm in two minds. After a long time off in 2018 through illness, I changed my mind the other way.

Previously, I'd been gung ho on retiring as early as I could.

That period affected me in ways I didn't expect. I couldn't wait to get back to my business. I had dropped down to 4 days a week pre-illness and even upped it to 5 days when I was fit again.

I stopped completely on March 23 and only returned to doing some work last week. I'm in two minds now. At the moment I'm intending to work 3 days per week and have two continuing to do my voluntary stuff that I started in lockdown. For a while anyway.

I'll probably tweak and change what I want and what I decide to do, as the world outside changes. Who knows eh? 8-)

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

I retired very early four years ago from a job I didn't enjoy thinking it was going to be shangri la.

After doing endless projects, lots of biking and trips away with my campervan the boredom and reduced finances got the better of me. After 8 months I got a job with a big company and a year later got a big promotion. Now doing a job I love and reasonable pay as well......

Retirement may suit you, but be aware it might not either.....
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I retired from carpet fitting after 42 years the day lockdown began, as Ive got 7 years to go Ive started a 'cards in 'job still in carpets but off my knees, In one way lockdown was good, because Ive only ever been at home when sick, its either work hols or out on the bike, so it was a nice change to have nothing to do. After that first day I was bored shitless.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.