Just thinking...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Just thinking...

Post by Data »

You know...this is such a great forum! Everyone so calm, so polite, ride outs posted and lots of info about everything. Good banter too combined with great discussion and all done with good intent and some humour. And...WE HAVE GOOD MODS!! You know who you are! They don't jump on any of us at the first sign of something going slightly wrong. They let us all sort it out, rarely having to intervene. Wow! So different to some sites.

I'm on several forums for scoots and motorcycles, cars too. I also moderate on a university engineering site for professionals!!!...errr...well their think they are! But I'm guessing this lockdown is getting folks down as the rows are progressively getting worse. But not here! Why is that? Are we just nicer people? Are we more tolerant or more informed about subject matter? Yeah, ok I know I'm always right about everything!!!....lol, but we can't all be can we? :lol:

Can't we have a good disagreement too sometime soon eh! And, my scooter is better than any of yours so there! :lol:

Stay safe everyone.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 7077

Re: Just thinking...

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Its days are numbered I think .Video killed the Radio star .What's App and facebook killed the forums .

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Cheers Ian. Yes it's quieter than maybe the old days. But still a good flow of posts.

Facebook doesn't seem that much busier on the conversation front.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 pm
Can't we have a good disagreement too sometime soon eh!
Be careful what you wish for!!!!! Are you really wanting you-know-who to return and wind everyone up????

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Maybe it's because people have less to talk about, trapped at home as many of us are.

I think perhaps that others have weightier things on their minds, what with furlough and serious job-insecurity and other such matters

I spend a great deal of time on Facebook; living alone, I use it as my main connection with the outside world. There may be less conversation but there is far more 'humour' being posted, much of which is very witty and is keeping me, at least, amused.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Do you want the 15 minutes or the full half hour?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Just so long as it's not just contradiction!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

I saw this on twitter the other day. Recognised her as soon as he started moving!

I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

maxiscootnz
Benefactor
Current Ride: various

Post by maxiscootnz »

All of the above.They can kill us with the flu also.They can kill the man but they will not kill the SPIRIT
Honda fc50 beat, dragster180, spacey250, cn250 Helix , C1(192) k100rs, r1100s

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Waldorf wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:45 pm Maybe it's because people have less to talk about, trapped at home as many of us are.
I've been working from home since this all kicked off, and I've tried to use my spare time constructively in getting on with various projects I've accumulated that I've never managed to finish. My Trail 90 is finally UK registered and good to go (after 10+ years of procrastination), the Tula is making progress towards getting registered (never buy a Soviet bike that has no documents, folks...) and may even run in the next couple of weeks or so. Next one to be dragged out will be the Velosolex. The battery powered Aixam I bought has been a total nightmare, though, and will probably get cut up and sold as parts. Shan't be sorry to see the back of that.