Just thinking...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 7077

Re: Just thinking...

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

What's that song again " Busy doing nothing working the whole day thro"

Sing along now :lol: :lol:

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I retired early not been easy but made it thro get state pension next year and access private pensions as well .They have been hit by brexit and covid .Bigger disappointment was this year had put savings in place to do loads of trips may be get better scoot .Covid scuppered the trips wife scuppered better scoot .Hopefully do something next year probably motorhome with scoot on trailer .Wife says its too slow but can get from north Spain to south on no toll dual carridgways and toll free motorway so trucks can overtake us .She didn't like people giving us the finger going to Croatia holding them up lol .

Motorhome is 1988 Talbot with 2.0 petrol with a tiny carb lol

Went to Croatia in Mk4 transit with Vespa on a rack but was just as slow as Talbot .Germany worst for abuse if holding up traffic .

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Retired twice, 1st in1990 from 28-1/2 years in fire service (London) then again in 2004 after running franchise for 11-1/2 years, sold up in London and moved to Norfolk...then spent time on our motor cruiser and building & flying large model aeroplanes (5m) span....in 2014 had heart attack, lost balance and had to sell motor cruiser (for fear of falling overboard) also had to pack up building & flying model planes - again because of loss of balance, another h/a in 2018 with loss of much mobility, since then intermittently messing with my several bikes, 16mm Live Steam model Locos.... look forward to riding again if alive later in year (have to go into hospital 28 May for op on waterworks) .....Life gets Tedious Don’t it?

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Jimo, quite an eventful time you've had. I had all the waterworks sorted myself last year. They did a lovely job and very little pain you'll be pleased to know. For me it was a fairly lengthy recovery of 5 months. For the op that I had it's normally 4 months so wasn't far out. I was able to ride short distance ok just 4 weeks after the op. Glad I had it done though. Be prepared for the nurses to keep coming in and looking at your willy!! :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

Uh-urr, not looking forward to that but it’s not worth looking at anyway!

Jim

Jimo
Benefactor

Post by Jimo »

My waterworks job got delayed because of Covid, ....eventually got it done at NNUH. Seems prob WAS Cancer after lab test findings, have to go back in for repeat of same op in about 4 weeks for them to make sure of complete success - or treat re growth with chemo.

Jim

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

As per my pm Jim, sorry to hear this. Thankfully, it's not the end of the world. I have friends who had the same result. When I had mine done there was three of us having surgery. My op lasted 2 1/4 hrs. I was the only one out of the three of us that didn't have cancer. It's so common though amongst us guys. I'm in touch with the other two guys and they are doing just fine. Unless it's the aggressive kind of cancer, they don't need to do much except monitor it and sometimes give you some medication. It rarely spreads apparently. All best wishes though Jim for your next visit to the operating theatre and please keep us all informed. If you need anything, let me know.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...