Will you Be riding the roads. ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Will you Be riding the roads. ?

Post by MrGrumpy »

Just been up to Middleton in Teesdale - bikers, bikers bikers everywhere! (Yes, I was on the TMax, but I went there for a proper walk, so there!). From the hills above, there was just the continual roar of bike exhausts. Why do biker have to go around in groups?? 3s, 4s, 5s - can't they find their way by themselves? Cafes open for takeaways, so bikers congregate around the doors, ignoring social distancing, to buy bacon rolls like the old days.....

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stibbs wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:08 am What a shambolic state we’re living in.
Yes, leaving aside the bunch of clowns in the cabinet and Mr Cummings, the whole epidemic has demonstrated just how incompetent and dysfunctional our govt system has become. Unable to organise testing, or contact tracing, or even to buy PPE for health workers! Such a contrast with, say, South Korea, who had a strategy prepared and had sufficient organisation and resources to start testing the moment a test was devised. However, I've been impressed with how rapidly the NHS was able to reorganise itself to deal with the virus, although of course, its meant that many desperately needed routine ops have been postponed. OK the Govt did get the Nightingale hospitals organised, but sods law was that they weren't needed!

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Greyerbeard wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:13 am Does everyone believe all the hysteria in the media...?
I take it no-one you know has got seriously ill or died from COVID then?

I'll tell you what I believe: I believe that one of my workmates has lost her aunt and otherwise healthy 35 year old brother to it. I believe that my OH's school caretaker - late fifties but in good health - died of it. The Facebook pages and local rag for the school's catchment area are replete with stories and photographs of cretins holding parties etc. So maybe you'll see why I am so reticent for her to go back to work with the indecent haste our wonderful government are now suggesting. At least the teaching unions and head teachers' association have had the good sense to defy the idiocy that is the wholesale re-opening of schools in June.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

A great friendship of 44 years standing ended 6 weeks ago due to him contracting the virus whilst in hospital for other problems.
His funeral was last week. I chose not to travel the 120 miles to attend as I believed that was the right and responsible thing to do. I now find out that Coco’s top advisor can act totally irresponsibly and with impunity and I’m furious. Many hundreds of thousands of citizens are trying to do the right things to ensure our frontline staff are as safe as they can be and this privileged, entitled scumbag can act like that :evil:
I’m beyond angry......

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Sorry for your loss Stibbs.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I appreciate, belatedly, what everyone's said.

Being able to sound off in times of genuine depression eases the situation.

I do try to put on a good face, as we all do.

Thank you.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Waldorf wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:34 pm I appreciate, belatedly, what everyone's said.

Being able to sound off in times of genuine depression eases the situation.

I do try to put on a good face, as we all do.

Thank you.
I've never had a good face, Mike. :lol:

In all seriousness, I hope that things are looking better now.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

We know of several friends and neighbours who have had the disease. One died at the age of 52. Completely healthy person too. The area where I live has been hammered with infections. My wife and I both have had it, but mildly thank goodness.

I have family and friends around the world, in the States, Canada and throughout 'Urop'. Interestingly enough, they all moan about exactly the same things concerning their governments, behaviour of key people and the populous behaviour in general, the shortage of testing, tracking/tracing issues, shortages of ppe and significantly the shortage of hospital beds, something we don't have a problem with. On balance compared to many other countries, we have done ok. Could we have and do better? Of course. But no government has got it completely right, not even Korea. They all moan too. That's what humans do, rightly or wrongly. It's a privilege we all enjoy in the free world. In Russia, it's all being covered up.

Worth noting the States is in a hell of mess because they have a clown leading their country. Over there infection rates are rising rapidly in many places. Sweden too, where they didn't take any precautions at all for months because infection rates were low. South Korea is fighting to prevent a second wave. We are all going to get a second wave. How big it is will depend on how we all behave.

Until recently I have been a governor at a local school. I can tell you the teachers, staff, and parents are all ok with what we did to prepare for a return to school. Not all the kids would be present on each day but it was going to work. It is a very safe environment. But public opinion has caused a delay. At least the government is listening to concerns.

Funny old times eh, but without the laughs!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Probably not the place to discuss Govt responses to Covid-19, but our death rate has been much higher than almost anyone else's (except for countries with even worse Clowns in charge like the USA and Brazil). Its now fashionable (especially by Swedes) to criticise Sweden's laid-back approach but the death rate there is lower than ours. I don't know whether its a good thing or a bad thing, but the shape of curves on graphs of deaths look remarkably similar whether the country's response has been highly organised or chaotic!
I'm just horrified at the damage this is doing to our kid's / young people's education & lives in general and the economy, the impact on which has not yet begun to be visible.

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I`m not getting the UK gov saying accept 100- 150 deaths per day for the next 12 months or so on going, as if thats OK.

Though likely higher once the pubs etc open with a still patchey track and trace going on they should of set up with local authorities in February.

3 or 4 more weeks of proper lockdown would have taken it way lower, and made opening up actually easier etc too. Like in Scotland.

So why on earth rush us out, also would of been quicker without the 3 weeks letting it spread intentionally !!!

I know of a 17 year old girl ( 100% ok health wise before ) nearly died and then just rushed back in and a 30s male body builder, also in to martial arts etc family member very touch and go and now with lung damage etc.

Hes in a right old state !!!

Its odd when people question it being real etc, do they think every country on earth is making it up !!

I also now a gentleman of 70 who has sadly died.

Apparently even now still PPE shortages. One lot of 10 million masks they were offered ignored along with many others etc.

Theres a very odd going on, going on in the uK at present.

Thank gawd we have our scoots/bikes.