Will you Be riding the roads. ?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Will you Be riding the roads. ?

Post by XP500FUN »

I just wondered how people felt about getting out and riding in these Virus days.

We as riders need to go in to Petrol stations and touch things more etc.

Plus riding along past cars or push bikers, are we safe ?

I haven`t ridden yet this year, and I`m not so enamoured or Englands drive where you like policy now while things are still so high.

Any thoughts etc. Do you feel safe. Are you going to go out ? people.

Deleted User 7077

Re: Will you Be riding the roads. ?

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I think they should have done it like Spain in their phase 1 of lockdown easing can only move about in own municipality. I was going to take mine off sorn 1st June but wont go far .

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

I have only been out on the bike 3 times since lock down .
But when I do get out on it i am dressed up like Neil Armstrong and fill up at the pump once a fortnight .
So apart from the usual fear of being splattered by other road users , Yes i do feel safe going out on the bike .
8-) icon_maxi_scoot.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Went out for a ride around the country/forest roads round here yesterday, about 45 miles for hour and half. Only really any cyclists about and a few cars, it’s quiet in normal times to be fair. Don’t think I hit 50mph anywhere just pootled around. Lovely weather, dry roads.
She’s back in the garage now.

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I have only ridden to work and back (2 mile each way) about 5 times during the Lockdown.
With the roads being so empty there was no incentive to ride, as it was a no slower commute in the car.

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

I've been out on the bike, out on the scooter, been to work, the garden centre, shopping in DIY stores & supermarkets, walks etc....

Trying to live life to the full, totally fed up with it all, don't perceive any risk outdoors whatsoever if I social distance and furious that the company my lad works (hard) for will probably go under with all this....

Life certainly isn't worth living under house arrest, I will take my chances thank you.....
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

riders in the storm wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:25 am I've been out on the bike, out on the scooter, been to work, the garden centre, shopping in DIY stores & supermarkets, walks etc....

Trying to live life to the full, totally fed up with it all, don't perceive any risk outdoors whatsoever if I social distance and furious that the company my lad works (hard) for will probably go under with all this....

Life certainly isn't worth living under house arrest, I will take my chances thank you.....
Totally agree! Though as I'm retired I'm fortunate that I don't have to worry about my company going bust.
The roads are pretty bizarre actually - roads full of even more idiotic than normal cyclists who don't seem to think that there may be cars around, car drivers going 20mph under the speed limit and seem utterly unable to overtake cyclists without leaving 10m distance.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

riders in the storm wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:25 am Life certainly isn't worth living under house arrest, I will take my chances thank you.....
Unfortunately it isn't your chances, though.

The point of distancing, lockdowns etc is to prevent the spread of the virus overwhelming the NHS, and killing more vulnerable people.

If you are asymptomatic and spreading the virus without knowing, you could be potentially killing vulnerable people, ie people weaker than yourself.

8-)

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Seems the UK "R" number is back up to 1, and that number is calculated from 2 week old figures, before the loosening up. Will Johnson save lives and shut back down, or are we expendable? Heads the economy wins, tails we lose some more family.
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

capitano wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:42 am
riders in the storm wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:25 am Life certainly isn't worth living under house arrest, I will take my chances thank you.....
Unfortunately it isn't your chances, though.

The point of distancing, lockdowns etc is to prevent the spread of the virus overwhelming the NHS, and killing more vulnerable people.

If you are asymptomatic and spreading the virus without knowing, you could be potentially killing vulnerable people, ie people weaker than yourself.

8-)
Yes, we need to maintain social distancing to stop the spread of the virus. Even though I have been out and about, I have been to places for walks where there are few if any people. But the chances of spreading the virus in the outside if you keep more than a few feet away from people are effectively zero. There is no gain from being under house arrest - in fact I'd have cracked completely if I'd been stuck inside for weeks.