250 mile round trip tomorrow. Government says it’s ok.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: 250 mile round trip tomorrow. Government says it’s ok.

Post by MrGrumpy »

I think you are on your own there defending Cummings! Even most Tory MPs hate him. I recall that the Guardian / Mirror made a series of allegations about the Durham trip, which were all ferociously denied - including the very existence of the trip - until more evidence emerged when it was admitted that the trip did take place as alleged. The farcical excuse of needing to test his eyesight by driving to Barnard Castle is down to Cummings alone - even the most disreputable newspaper wouldn't have made that up as it would be utterly unbelievable.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

I would prefer not to have political discussion on here, thank you. There's plenty of space for that on facebook, twitter, whatever.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Well that's the point Grumpy, I'm not actually trying to defend Mr Cummings, but to point out the actual facts, and the total disregard for the truth the press and media in general has for the facts. And gullible people seem to swallow everything they say as is if were fact, particularly if they have political leanings in another direction. If anyone doesn't actually care about the facts then we are in trouble. I notice you are repeating several untruths yourself, no doubt born out of reading or hearing it in the media. There is little to no evidence he is not liked by Tory MP's. Because of my previous job I do know many Labour and Tory MP's and their aids at several levels. I've worked with the parliamentary ecclesiastical committee and it's not what I have been hearing. It is again largely a made up story by the news media, particularly the BBC, that he is disliked by most Tory mps. He has never ever denied anything and is on record detailing every aspect of the trip to the castle. Just thought some of you would find it interesting.

But I have no further comments to make, except thanks to Stibbs for starting an interesting thread. Many comments and many points of view. ;) I do of course ride my Vespa whenever I can when it's required. I go the long way round to the supermarket and observe all social distancing. 8-)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...