Camera for my scooter...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Camera for my scooter...

Post by Data »

Thanks Whatsisname. I'll take a look. It's all a bit mind blowing at the moment! Lol.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

maxiscootnz
Benefactor
Current Ride: various

Post by maxiscootnz »

I am running a sena 10c pro and love it. A real bitch to begin with .Now with movai editing software it is awesome
Honda fc50 beat, dragster180, spacey250, cn250 Helix , C1(192) k100rs, r1100s

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Pretty good video, - Some guys seem to have ‘roller boots’ or wear out an awful lot of shoes!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Having spent the last week or more studying action cameras of all kinds, and considering everything said here, I've pulled the trigger on a new Gopro Hero 7 Black. Brilliant deal directly from Gopro with £100 off the full retail price, free 64gb fast video card, and bought the twin battery charger with spare battery. Also bought a kit with all the usual things for mounting it ready for work. This kit includes a chest harness, helmet mounts of various kinds, selfie stick, tripod shorty, car windscreen suction mount and just about everything else you can think of. Ideal for when I bungee jump, and start my free fall parachuting course later this year! :lol: :o

Take a look here: https://gopro.com/en/gb/shop/cameras/he ... aster.html

I'd have gone with the 'Silver' version of the Hero 7 same as Chris has (Mottza) because it's basically the same camera as the 'Black' model. But you can't plug in an external mic. That would be fine for 80% of my filming probably but I wanted the ability to do so on those lesser occasions, and the 'Black' allows that.

Thanks everyone for advice. I considered it all very carefully and it was helpful.

Expect some bike and car videos in the not too distant future.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

The removable battery on the black is a good thing to have.

I'd would of had a black, but I got mine when the 7th series came out and the black was another £200.

Used mine today when me and Mottza Senior has a ride to Revved Up at Walton on the Naze.

Also took my Quadcopter out today after not being used for a long while.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Yep, the battery thingy is useful. All the Gopros are good though.

Thanks for the advice!

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Hi Data, where will you be mounting the GoPro? I have an SJ 4000 from a few years ago, it works really well but I had it mounted on the front rack of my previous GTS. I don’t have a front rack on the new one. The brackets supplied don’t fit the mirror stems, they are too thin for the brackets to bite.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Hi smeg, yeah I'll be using the chest mount for starters and probably for most of the time on the bike. I notice there are loads of mounts that can be used for the GTS though. I don't particularly like helmet mounted cameras, and I think you can get an even better quality video with it chest mounted. You might find a bracket mounted on the mirror stem at the mirror base, held in place by the mirror tightening nut a good option. I've seen so many folks do that. Mottza (Chris) has his mounted on the front of his Forza and it does deliver very fine smooth video. It's worth a bit of investigation and I too will continue to look around for other options. ;)

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Helmet mounts can be tricky. But deliver a good view including the dash etc.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:03 am Hi smeg, yeah I'll be using the chest mount for starters and probably for most of the time on the bike. I notice there are loads of mounts that can be used for the GTS though. I don't particularly like helmet mounted cameras, and I think you can get an even better quality video with it chest mounted. You might find a bracket mounted on the mirror stem at the mirror base, held in place by the mirror tightening nut a good option. I've seen so many folks do that. Mottza (Chris) has his mounted on the front of his Forza and it does deliver very fine smooth video. It's worth a bit of investigation and I too will continue to look around for other options. ;)
I’ve seen those mirror mounts but I wondered if they would fit properly due to the plastic surround. I lifted up the rubber boot and the base of the screw looked recessed. I managed to fasten it to the mirror stem but the image was shaking like a shitting dog despite the image stabiliser being on. I had to use a lot of rubber padding so I need to rethink it.