BMW C400GT SE

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
PhilD
Current Ride: 2020 Burgman 400Z

BMW C400GT SE

Post by PhilD »

Could l ask if anyone has had any dealings with this scooter?
As my Burgman is away in the shop, l started looking around at other bikes. Yup, fickle owner ....

I particularly like the styling, but the nearest dealer is about 30 miles away so l thought l would ask before l go and have a look.
Being a BMW it’s not going to be cheap to service, I expect, but hopefully the comfort will make up for that, and the connectivity would be useful.

Any info would be appreciated.

Deleted User 7142

Re: BMW C400GT SE

Post by Deleted User 7142 »

i do like these myself and think i have asked the same question.They are a good looking scooter and the heated seat and grips appeal but when i compared the stats with the X-Max 300 you really aren't getting anything more except paying a premium prices,i would like to test ride one though to compare.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Sorry no dealings with the c400gt however I do understand that it sports a Kymco derived engine and is assembled in china - for a lot less money you could have the Kymco xciting 400 which has noodoo connectivity through your android cellular phone

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

No dealings with the bmw 400,but i did have a look at the bmw 650,which is nice,the servicing scared me,especially the 16,000 mile,almost a complete strip down and rebuild £1,500.00......i went for the Tmax DX instead
Symcity wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 pm Sorry no dealings with the c400gt however I do understand that it sports a Kymco derived engine and is assembled in china - for a lot less money you could have the Kymco xciting 400 which has noodoo connectivity through your android cellular phone
Very impressed by the Kymco 400 when i see it at the NEC show last year,then when i see Roger’s(roadrunner)one i was still as impressed,looks very nice,it keeps up with other bikes in group riding,at over 6 foot Roger has plenty of room,could be worth a look,only downside for someone like me is lack of dealer network asi I don’t/can’t tinker,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

There is a recent topic in here on the BMW C400 with an interesting link to another topic on a BMW forum.

Might be worth a read before you commit. 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22956&p=296127&hili ... 00#p296127

This is the link to the BMW forum topic:

https://www.bmw-scooters.com/index.php? ... alls.1942/

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:04 pm Sorry no dealings with the c400gt however I do understand that it sports a Kymco derived engine and is assembled in china - for a lot less money you could have the Kymco xciting 400 which has noodoo connectivity through your android cellular phone
Not quite - the C650s have engines etc built/influenced by Kymco. The 400s are entirely made by Loncin in China (presumably to BMW's design).

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

Thanks for your input guys ....

I went out this afternoon and bought a new Burgman 400 on a whim. Black with blue highlights .... Similar riding position and three year warranty ....

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

I must admit I do quite fancy one myself, but whether I do is another matter.........
SEAT MO

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'm never sure whether a 400 scoot like the BMW or the Kymco Xciting could be good as its a bit cheaper than a full on Tmax/C650/etc but nearly as fast & roomy, or whether the reality is that it costs a lot more than a 300 but doesn't give you enough more. There have been several comparisons made on here between the Xmax 300 & 400, and the Xmax / Maj 400 weighs as much as a Tmax. You don't get the Tmax/C650/Burger 650's bike-like chassis, but of course, they make you pay a lot for such things!

PhilD

Post by PhilD »

I made the decision to stay with a Burgman as the dealer did me a good deal and had one in stock. Needing a reliable bike and getting a three year warranty tipped the balance.
There has been some noise about stalling problems with the BMW, which may or may not have been solved, and with the nearest dealer being 30 miles away, l didn’t want to take the chance.
My Suzuki dealer is about 4 miles away from where I live.