Honda integra

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Eoin75
Current Ride: Honda forza 125

Honda integra

Post by Eoin75 »

Hi all I wondered if anyone has got an integra, if so what's it like!

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Re: Honda integra

Post by Normsthename »

I owned a 750 Integra.
Great Scoot 😁
I regret getting rid of it because the Bike that replaced it (Triumph Tiger 800) I just didn't gel with.
Wouldn't mind the new model with updated DCT Sport settings etc

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Huskyteer (Alice) is the person to ask,she’s had 3or 4,has put plenty of milage of them with many Europe trips,not often on here,but can be found on Modern Vespa or the NC forum,the improved dct box from earlier models is good,i have it on my ADV,i think the under seat storage is limited,so a top box may be an add-on you’ll need.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive had two, the closest you can get to a bike/scoot mix. Been on a couple of euro trips on one, once with the wife pillion, and for this sort of work you can't fault them. Big enough for lots of luggage capacity, 750 torquey economical engine, comfy and good weather protection.
Why did I sell it??, Its not a step through, you have to cock your leg over like a bike. Chain drive. The DCT is very clever, but for me you cant beat the smoothness of CVT, Removing the tuppaware for servicing is not easy, and most of all ,its bloody heavy.
A great machine, but life is so much easier on my SH 300 which is more fun to ride and can do anything I did on the Integra.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

At least new ones have enough underseat space for a full face helmet! I guess the thing with the Integra/X-ADV/NC750X etc is the engine - the low revving bike like low speed burble may be something you like or hate. I've only test ridden the X-ADV and the thing that put me off was the engine - I much preferred the Tmax's smooth high speed spin - although of course the Honda engine does actually perform well and is very economical.I agree with Horobags about the DCT - its very clever but at the end of the day doesn't seem to add much to the riding experience over a CVT.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

For me the engine adds a lot to the riding experience, but then I had only ever ridden CVT's up to 800cc, the 750 DCT engine reminds me of how my Gilera Nexus 500cc (single) sounded mixed with the storage of an Aprilia Mana, and the fun of my TMax... in fact it's more fun. Now if only my NC750x was belt driven I'd be in heaven, but no way am I paying over £1k for a kit.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I think we are getting spoilt these days, dont get me wrong I prefer belt drive any day, but good quality chains last well and need ten mins spending on them every now and again, sad I know but I enjoy jobs like cleaning and re lubing chains, 'job satisfaction'!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

btw roughly how long do chains last on the Integra/X-ADV/750X? I've never had a ptw with a chain. My idea of job satisfaction definitely does NOT include chain cleaning and relubing!!!!! Having a chain for me would mean forking out for a auto chain oiler.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

horobags wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:33 am I think we are getting spoilt these days, dont get me wrong I prefer belt drive any day, but good quality chains last well and need ten mins spending on them every now and again, sad I know but I enjoy jobs like cleaning and re lubing chains, 'job satisfaction'!
Bang on, Mark. Modern bikes seem to have made the activity of fettling redundant nowadays. Apart from the odd service the DN doesn't seem to want me to do anything!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

horobags wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:33 am I think we are getting spoilt these days, dont get me wrong I prefer belt drive any day, but good quality chains last well and need ten mins spending on them every now and again, sad I know but I enjoy jobs like cleaning and re lubing chains, 'job satisfaction'!
I would only ever have a bike with either shaft drive, fully enclosed chain, or belt drive for years.

The first bike I bought with an o ring chain was in 2001, a Triumph Sprint RS. I intended to fit a scottoiler but never needed to. That experience changed my mind. Technology had moved past my prejudice.

Modern sealed chains need simple, minimal maintenance. My lad was packed off to Uni with a CB500 fitted with a new chain and sprockets. I gave him an oil can with some clean multigrade car engine oil in, told him to wipe the chain with a rag and some white spirit once a week, and put a few drops of oil on it before a ride after cleaning it.

3 years and 35000 miles later it still hadn't needed adjusting.

You have to be pretty negligent or cackhanded to mess up a modern sealed chain that has been fitted properly.

8-)