Burgman Number 7

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Re: Burgman Number 7

Post by Normsthename »

Well it's only got 35 miles on the clock so far so I don't expect any clutch judder..... Yet 😁
I am not sure about the reduced carrying capacity just for the sake of it looking sleeker.
I believe that you can fit one full face and one open face helmet under the seat.

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

lenny
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by lenny »

Normsthename wrote: ↑Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:26 pm Well it's only got 35 miles on the clock so far so I don't expect any clutch judder..... Yet 😁
I am not sure about the reduced carrying capacity just for the sake of it looking sleeker.
I believe that you can fit one full face and one open face helmet under the seat.

Andy
Interested to know how you are liking it now.

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

Not had much chance to do many miles yet πŸ˜’
I've got 241 miles on the clock after todays run.
Bike is running great.
I've got a taller screen on order but that won't arrive for another week or so, the standard screen is way too low but because of that there is no wind buffeting.
The engine is loosening up nicely, not that I pay much attention to the absurb running in procedure. I just don't thrash it.
This model does seen to run a little hotter than previous Burgmans I've owned and theres a slight vibration at 30-40mph all most probably caused by the strict Euro regulations.
The on screen display is showing an average of 75mpg as opposed to the Xmax 300 showing 91mpg.I can live with that.
My bladder certainly appreciates the softer ride on the Burgman πŸ˜…

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

The vibration is due to the motor still being tight as is the 'hotter' motor. As the motor loosens it will become significantly more powerful and much smoother, and run cooler. It's way better than the Xmax 300 regarding power. And don't forget your torque figure is much higher on the Burgman anyway.

I wouldn't be to eager to dismiss the Suzuki running in instructions. They may seem ridiculous but your new bike has Nikasil coating in the cylinder. Nikasil can be touchy about how you run it in. Too much throttle, load and revs and you start to remove some of the coating. That's why the restrictions may seem a bit over the top. I would follow the running in instructions carefully and you will be rewarded with a very nice long lasting engine with loads of power. Run it hard and you won't get that.

Glad you are liking it.

Edit: if your bike is showing a higher temperature than normal on the temp gauge, it may also have an air bubble in the cooling system. Keep an eye on it and see your dealer if it persists. I've had this with both a new car recently and a new bike. Both caused by air bubbles in the system.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

I agree with data re running in. I stuck religiously to the instructions and am sure I’m now reaping the benefits. Plenty of power, very good mpg and smooth ride on 19k miles :)

Tartan Cobbler
Benefactor
Current Ride: nothing

Post by Tartan Cobbler »

You must like the Burgman to be on #7. Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions because i am possibly looking at getting a 300/400 maxi scoot for an 80 mile commute and occasional 2 up weekend play and not sure which to go for......
Why did you go for an xmax 300 before your new burgman and not the updated 400?
The kymco xciting s400 seems to get good reviews, did you think about this model, if so why not?
Any views and opinions most welcome

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The only snag with Kymco is the very disorganised importer with very patchy dealer coverage.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Tartan Cobbler wrote: ↑Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:39 pm You must like the Burgman to be on #7. Do you mind if I ask a couple of questions because i am possibly looking at getting a 300/400 maxi scoot for an 80 mile commute and occasional 2 up weekend play and not sure which to go for......
Why did you go for an xmax 300 before your new burgman and not the updated 400?
The kymco xciting s400 seems to get good reviews, did you think about this model, if so why not?
Any views and opinions most welcome
Several X Max 300 owner's very disappointed with its LED headlight.
"Unfit for purpose" and "Dangerous" amongst the comments.
Might be worth researching this aspect before making your decision.
Cheers.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Tartan Cobbler
Benefactor
Current Ride: nothing

Post by Tartan Cobbler »

Thankyou

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: ↑Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 am
I wouldn't be to eager to dismiss the Suzuki running in instructions. They may seem ridiculous but your new bike has Nikasil coating in the cylinder. Nikasil can be touchy about how you run it in. Too much throttle, load and revs and you start to remove some of the coating. That's why the restrictions may seem a bit over the top. I would follow the running in instructions carefully and you will be rewarded with a very nice long lasting engine with loads of power. Run it hard and you won't get that.
It depends on the actual instructions of course. In the past, Yamaha seem to have cut & pasted instructions for a manual bike into the Tmax user manual, advising no more than 4000rpm - which was more or less impossible with a CVT scooter, and if you did would only give around 45mph top speed! Fortunately, for the more recent versions, they are more sensible and allowed 5100 rpm (I think), which was much more acheivable and you could get to 70. Even a maniac like me managed to stick to the rules 99.9% of the time!