Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by StephenC »

CreakyKnees99 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:33 am Just watched the American chap reviewing (in Thailand?). Setting aside his style of delivery, his points are mostly valid in my opinion. I think the way he presents seems to exaggerate the bike’s flaws somewhat. Nothing he described detracts that much from what is a very good scoot. I’m touring on mine soon so will give a (very brief) review of the bike’s capabilities in that respect...
I'm glad you could get through it and give us your thoughts :D
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

I just wonder why he bought it in the first place! He didn't like the tyres, suspension (front and rear), exhaust, side stand and the plastics. He probably doesn't like the laws of physics either, which maybe stop him riding like the scooter-god he obviously is :-)

Strangely, he didn't mention the position of the horn and indicator, the afterthought bluetooth phone control (has anyone actually bothered to use this?). Nor does the protrusions to hold the manual on the underside of the seat, which restrict luggage space. Or the fact that the seat only opens about 30 degrees, so packing involves the seat bashing your head if you're reaching into the front part. None of these involve spending a fortune to fix, as most can be put up with for the pleasure of riding the Forza.

He doesn't consider just basking in the pleasure of having one in red, either! Right, I'm going to sit in a dark room with a drink and try to erase the whole video from my memory...

CreakyKnees99

Post by CreakyKnees99 »

Ha. Agree with you about the phone switchgear. I’m just waiting for it to snap off. Can’t say I’ll miss it!

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

CreakyKnees99

Re: Honda Forza 350 E10 Fuel

Post by CreakyKnees99 »

Hi All,
Anyone know if the Forza is ok with this new E10 petrol?

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

From the Government website - I looked a minute ago:

'Honda Motorcycles
All Honda motorcycles and mopeds produced for the EU market since 1993 can use ethanol-blended gasoline up to 10% although carburettor-equipped models could experience poor driveability in cold weather conditions.'
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Do not use E10 if your scooter is going to be unused for over 4 weeks. The fuel will start to go off and thickens. Either use super unleaded that will still be E5 or there are additives you can add to preserve the fuel.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

johnakay
Benefactor

Post by johnakay »

yes its been a few years since I was last on here.
anyway heres my take on the E10 fuel.
I have an old T500k I put this(Lucas Safe Guard Ethanol Petrol Additive Conditioner Stabiliser E10 Fuel) in both of my bikes even though it has E5 in.
the guys in the USA had E10 for years and they recommend snow foam stabilizer.
on any older scooters replace all fuel lines with ethanol resistance fuel lines.
you should be fine.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

I echo what mottza says. E10 starts going "off" after just 4 weeks (as opposed to E5 which starts to do this after 6 weeks) and can start to thicken with it's individual components starting to separate out. Although for any real thickening to occur it takes longer. As long as you shake the bike about a bit before starting the engine it will mix everything up a bit and it will still run but not as well as with fresh fuel. So it's still usable. Shaking the bike is quite important as E10 comes with water in the fuel and this is one component that separates out quite early. The water is a component of the bio-ethernol and of course it also attracts water. One advantage of E10 is that it cleans the inside of your engine very effectively, but just don't let you bike stand for too long unused with E10 in it.

johnakay makes a some good points but be aware that it's much more than the fuel line that could need replacing on machines that are not E10 compatible. Some plastic fuel tanks will not tolerate E10 and will start to deform and leak. Injector seals and fuel pumps can be affected and in carburetors, gaskets and seals can suffer. On the whole it can be quite expensive to make a bike or car compliant with E10 if it's not already.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

johnakay
Benefactor

Post by johnakay »

this the stuff that I use. brilliant stuff.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403021615222 ... Sw3epg~tHT
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership