Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by Greyerbeard »

CreakyKnees99 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm Ahhh, ok. That’s easy enough then. Is there anything else needed once I’ve plugged the phone in, by way of software? There are some buttons on the handlebars but I’m not sure what they do . I’ll have to dig the manual out...
Tried downloading the app on to my (4 yr old) phone and it said my device wasn't compatible - lost interest, gave up, not that bothered!
The cable is just for charging, I think - you have to connect your phone via Bluetooth - it's all in the handbook somewhere.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

This morning I visited Newcastle Motorcycles, my local Honda dealer, to investigate a bit.
I've been following comments on here, reading and watching reviews and making lists of comparisons with my Silverwing.
I simply wanted to see the availability, sit on and feel the weight a Forza and gauge the attitude of the staff towards me.
All passed with flying colours and I have requested a test ride.

They will take the Silverwing in part-exchange if I wish; I really can't be bothered with selling it privately unless someone here or on a Facebook Scooter site wants it at a very reasonable price.
It's a 2013 model with fewer than 12,000 miles on the clock.

I'm all excited!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Be interested to see what you think Mike…..i took the 300 out a couple of years back,my dealer has sold a few 350’s,people seem to be chopping their 300’s in on px deals,so there’ll be a glut of 300’s on the market……have you put a message on the X9 site about the silverwing….

I am enjoying the Forza 750,it goes in for the first service tomorrow

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Stephen wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:09 pm Be interested to see what you think Mike,i have heard loads of good reports…..i took the 300 out a couple of years back,my dealer has sold a few 350’s,people seem to be chopping their 300’s in on px deals,so there’ll be a glut of 300’s on the market……have you put a message on the X9 site about the silverwing….

I am enjoying the Forza 750,it goes in for the first service tomorrow

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Had my first proper ride on my 'new' 350 yesterday - goodness, it flies...
Impressions favourable overall, so far. Certainly more comfortable than the X-Max 300 without that upholstered brick bashing away at your coccyx! I did enjoy the X-Max for 3 years, but...
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

CreakyKnees99
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by CreakyKnees99 »

Yes, the Forza is quite nippy. Even with pillion it will still hit its claimed top speed. One thing to note though, reported by my pillion, is that the attractively sculpted bodywork under the seat does dig into the passenger’s calves. Other than that very comfortable. It would perhaps be alleviated by wearing full height motorcycle boots...but who wants to do that on a scooter?

lenny

Post by lenny »

CreakyKnees99 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:42 am Yes, the Forza is quite nippy. Even with pillion it will still hit its claimed top speed. One thing to note though, reported by my pillion, is that the attractively sculpted bodywork under the seat does dig into the passenger’s calves. Other than that very comfortable. It would perhaps be alleviated by wearing full height motorcycle boots...but who wants to do that on a scooter?
Me, always ride in my Altberg boots, comfortable all day even for walking, each to their own. :D

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

All noted; thanks, chaps.

I have a test ride booked for next Wednesday but I don't think I'll need much persuading.

The biggest decision now to be made is between Matt Cynos Grey Metallic and Matt Pearl Pacific Blue; the former is closer to my favoured black so I'm leaning that way.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Waldorf wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:22 am All noted; thanks, chaps.

I have a test ride booked for next Wednesday but I don't think I'll need much persuading.

The biggest decision now to be made is between Matt Cynos Grey Metallic and Matt Pearl Pacific Blue; the former is closer to my favoured black so I'm leaning that way.
I parked my black 300 in a bay off Piccadilly the other day. When I went back it was hard to pick it out immediately from all the other black bikes :(

I'd choose the blue, just so as to spot it easily!

Back in the day, yellow X9 and red Pugs were everywhere but nowadays most scoots are just black, silver or white. Especially maxis. :cry:
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

I hadn't considered that!

In fact, it's not a problem up here; maxiscooters are comparatively rare and I don't use mine for anything which reqires parking it for any length of time. Still, I will bear it in mind, thank you. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano