Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by riders in the storm »

Yes, I had "decided" to buy another bike, settled on a CB500X again, rang around a few dealers, including those advertising on Ebay that they have stock, to be told nothing available till October....

I will leave it for now and order one later in the year for delivery as a 22 plate I think....

Also gives me chance to find the right moment to break it to her indoors...... :lol:
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Waldorf wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:46 am
Here's the rub: Forza 350s are in very short supply so I may have to wait several months before one becomes available. Paul (the salesmen) started trawling the Dealer Network while I was sitting at his desk. For that reason, I have said I will take whatever comes along in terms of colour - I really don't mind.
I must say also that Paul was a bit distant at first but clearly realises I am serious and really seems to be making the effort; to give him his due he did admit to wanting a sale!
Very pleased all went well Mike…..i hope your dealer gets a result on the delivery schedule…..

Farnham Honda are advertising them as in stock as are HGB Ruislip…..but do dealers supply other dealers with machines knowing stock is hard to come by🤔

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks, Steve.

It's all to do with allocations; I remeber JT talking about it many years ago.

I guess that if one dealer passes a new bike on to another, it counts as a sale. No doubt they help one another.

Paul reckons Honda have miscalculated as far as popularity of the 350 goes.

He has also sent an e-mail direct to Honda to find out what the score is.

:)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Not entirely the industry's fault - supply chains for a lot of things are 'broken' at the moment! eg Triumph can't get some of their bikes until October; and no doubt other manufacturers are the same.
Re the mirrors - def not as good as the X-Max's, but I found that if you adjust them further in, as it were, they give a good view behind with a little elbow movement. Depends how Wide you are, of course... ;-)
I've put a deflector on top of my screen; does the job.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

No, but the scooters are allocated before shipment. Anyway, I will have to wait.

I adjusted to the X9 mirrors during six years of ownership so I expect I'll sort the Forza ones out in due course. ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

lenny

Post by lenny »

For a bit of balance to prospective owners, I find the mirrors ok, took a few miles to adapt but as good xmax 300 and Swing. Inquired at my go-to Honda dealer in April and was told the 350's were stuck in containers in Vietnam, the same day spoke to another, similar distance away, who asked what colour I wanted, 5 days later it was sitting on my drive, strange.

CreakyKnees99
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by CreakyKnees99 »

Greyerbeard wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:28 am I've put a deflector on top of my screen; does the job.
What make of deflector did you buy?

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

CreakyKnees99 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 am
Greyerbeard wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:28 am I've put a deflector on top of my screen; does the job.
What make of deflector did you buy?
It's an old MRA X-screen which I've had for years on a succession of bikes!
But they obviously didn't patent the idea, as you can get similar on ebay now for much cheaper (eg around £15) - just type 'Motorcycle windscreen deflector' into Google.
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Waldorf wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 am No, but the scooters are allocated before shipment. Anyway, I will have to wait.
Mike…..just wondering how your dealers search for you Forza 350 is going,i think my Honda heated grips have now arrived at the dealer,also got a couple of Givi bits ordered by the dealer when i purchased,there was a 3-4 back order on them,so they may well be in now as well (hopefully),unsure about changing the screen at the moment,but on the Givi website,the three aftermarket screens are listed as “still in manufacturing”

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Popped into Maidstone Honda, not much stock of new model bikes, the demonstrators of Forza 350's are up for sale when 6 months old. New ones can be ordered for November delivery, reasons for delay, container shortages, containers in the wrong place because of PPE, Euro regulations (Brexit), high docking charges per container. Euro rule changes.
Good job I have a supply of working bikes to see me over the hump.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i