Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:31 am Money wasted on the Metropolis by you or Peugeot???
By Peugeot. :cry:

I wish I had as much money to spend on a scooter as what they cost to buy though. For comparison:
Satelis 400 when new - £4,700
Metropolis 400 when new - £7000.

I could have stretched to a Satelis (but no ABS!!!), whereas the Metropolis was out of reach.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I think it very unlikely I'll use the Honda Smartphone Voice Control, not least because I can never get helmet speakers to sit comfortably in my crash helmets!

My two X9s had the PICS system built in and seemed okay. I had also wired Starcom systems on them and the first Silverwing as PMRs were all the rage for group rideouts. Piaggio dropped PICS, I guess driven by the advent of Blue Tooth.

If I want music while I'm riding now I have earbuds connected to an iPod or Walkman in my pocket.

I will not have a phone connected, even as a GPS device; my Zumo 600 works for me, outdated though it is.

I will find out shortly if muffs will still fit; I have the very used ones off the Silverwing to experiment with.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:14 am Thats good news Mike,i guess you’ll get it serviced there,i paid the £599.00 for three services,pretty sure your 300cc falls in to the same bracket,i guess all Honda dealers are operating the same scheme,as far as I remember it includes the basic stuff needed,oil,filters but not consumables such as brake pads,tyres…..
I was just idling around the net and stumbled on details of the Honda fixed price service plan, and I found out a couple of things that don't impress me.
1) It says 3 services, but one of the three is the 600 mile service - you know that one that used to be Free apart from oil. So its £599 for 2 and a bit services, rather than 3.
2) If you sell the scoot, then that's it for you - the service plan goes with the scoot! I have a service plan for my car, and if I sell the car, or decide to cancel the plan for any reason, any outstanding money is paid back to me.
3) It appears you have to pay up front in full. You can add it to any finance agreement you might take out, but there's no mention of a pay monthly facility. My car plan is pay monthly interest free.

There are of course general restrictions you'd expect, such as parts subject to wear & tear not being covered.

So, if I ever persuade myself to by a Forza 750, I don't think I'll take out the service plan, even though the concept is quite attractive.

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

I was actively encouraged by the dealer not to use it for the 1st service as if I did it would not include covering the drivebelt change later on. However, I was skint (civil servant, no pay rise in a decade, blah-blah) so I did.

I did pay in full up front, but then like most people buying scoots (or cars!) these days I bought it on a 3yr PCP and included the service plan in that.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Honda page I saw earlier seemed to imply that you could only buy the plan in the initial stages of ownership, ie before the 1st Service. And I hope that when Honda say 'Services' they mean the major services - most Hondas have a minor oil change service as well don't they?

As for public sector pay, I was in the same position in Local Govt - fortunately I was made redundant so I get a pension that actually rises with RPI!

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

No minor service now. Forza's are on 8k services with no intermediate.

I am counting down the days until I can get out - there's too many left for my liking!

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

I don’t think I’d bother with plan. It has to include the 600m check. Then it’s 8k or 12 months. My burgman is used regularly and has covered 23k in over 6 years so averaging under 4K per year. That means that the belt change would almost certainly not be included. So it works out quite expensive from that point of view I think.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:24 am The Honda page I saw earlier seemed to imply that you could only buy the plan in the initial stages of ownership, ie before the 1st Service. And I hope that when Honda say 'Services' they mean the major services - most Hondas have a minor oil change service as well don't they?

As for public sector pay, I was in the same position in Local Govt - fortunately I was made redundant so I get a pension that actually rises with RPI!
Just to be pedantic. Your pension now rises in line with CPI. A subtle difference that’s about to backfire on government. Some years ago they changed it from RPI to cut costs. Looks like that’s about to bite them on the arse for once. Usually based on September figure which is published in October (20th this year I think) and payable from the following April. It could even be 4% this time. Last month was 3.2% and most economists are forecasting a large rise.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stibbs wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:56 pm
Just to be pedantic. Your pension now rises in line with CPI. A subtle difference that’s about to backfire on government. Some years ago they changed it from RPI to cut costs.
Even as I was writing that, I was wondering if it was CPI or RPI! I should just have been vague and said 'inflation' !

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

They have suspended the triple lock gaurantee on state pensions or it would be triggered by sudden rise in wages with people coming off furlough .It will be pensioners out blocking the roads next lol 😆